Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Dublin allowing teenagers?

Options
  • 17-01-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was just wondering is there any gyms in the Dublin, hopefully dundrum area that will allow fourteen year olds such as myself. All places I've looked at have been 16+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

Try westwood in Leopardstown. They have a teen gym in the main gym, I don't know the age limit. But there is also a smaller kids gym over in Kidzone across the car park and they definitely have kids in there about 14 years old possibly younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clairebyreverie

There is, as Homeowner says, kidzone in westwood gyms, but they are usually for smaller kids. To be honest, it is a legal requirement of gyms to only allow 16+ year olds into the gym. I agree with it to a certain extent; I think it's important for younger kids to train in controlled environments so they are doing the right type of training for the right reasons and not over doing it. There are gyms that do kids and teen classes. I'm not sure about the Dundrum area, but I *think* the DLR Meadowbrook runs a Teen Gym

Advertisement