Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S6 alternatives

Options
  • 17-01-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good android phone for me? Can't justify the cost of an S6 so my budget is 300 max. Have a windows phone atm so will be a change moving to android. On prepay so no bill pay suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Honor 7. Bought from Amazon before Christmas for 250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

One plus x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any experience of the Samsung galaxy a5?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was given an A5 last week at work. moved from an S4. performance wise i'd say they are the same, the S4 probably a bit quicker it seemed, even though it was 2 years old. screen on the s4 much better. A5 felt a nicer phone to hold, squarer, and the metal parts in the frame gave a better feel than the plastic S4. not a lot between them, but that's an S4, not an S6

now on a oneplus two and it's the best phone i've owned by a country mile and then some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Personally, I think the new A5 (2016) is better than the S6, its got better battery with quickcharging and microsd card slot. It's missing wireless charging, heart rate sensor and notification light and has a FHD rather than QHD, and a lower processor but still looks good to me. Shame its nearly 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think I've narrowed it down to lg g4 for 375 or the one plus 2 for 345. Think they are the best options in my price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Think I've narrowed it down to lg g4 for 375 or the one plus 2 for 345. Think they are the best options in my price range.

I'm selling a brand new sealed moto x play on adverts if your interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

eh i dunno wrote: »

Galaxy S5 for €320 from this site, it's Hong Kong but they ship from the UK

Advertisement