Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30% of Xiaomi Phones

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

god damn the note 3 is tempting but 5.5 inches is just too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

strelok wrote: »

No it's not, doesn't take long to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Note 3 doesn't take micro SD does it? Just a consideration for anyone debating over 16gb and 32gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If Note 3 is too big get the Redmi 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Great prices - but are these shipped from China and hence liable for Customs VAT and duty when they arrive here? Some other sellers use EU-based warehouses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i bought a Mi router from the same crowd and didnt get hit for customs, was $164. Obviously though it's a risk.

note 3 bought

i don't know if I should thank you OP or give out to you for tempting me like this

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

So tempted but really worried about customs. Promised myself not to get anything if great value from Ali but soo tempted....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have a OPO but getting a bit annoyed with battery life. The Note 3 upgrade?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Have a OPO but getting a bit annoyed with battery life. The Note 3 upgrade?

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one-6327.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_3-7769.php specs are here

opo looks the better phone tbh apart from the battery life. you could get one of those slim little battery banks to keep in your pocket. wouldn't be too much to carry around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

wait4me wrote: »
    Great prices - but are these shipped from China and hence liable for Customs VAT and duty when they arrive here? Some other sellers use EU-based warehouses.

Buy from this seller instead. €5 more expensive, but no customs duty when shipped by DHL.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-FDD-Mobile-Phone-MTK6795-Helio-X10-Octa-Core-5-5-1920X1080P/342812_32545321566.html

I have bought a Xiaomi mi4c from this seller, and it arrived in a week. Didnt have to pay any customs

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Not making any judgement on these phones/sellers but just be aware that there are a lot of fake Xiaomi phones for sale. I bought my Mi4 from ibuygou (https://www.ibuygou.com) who are official Xiaomi resellers. Great communication and service. Phone came from China via DHL (Chinapost was not an option) for an extra €15 or so but I was amazed to receive it on Monday lunchtime having ordered at 8pm the previous Thursday. I paid extra for customs insurance which was well worth the peace of mind (they refund you if you are liable for any customs duty). Overall Very impressed with ibuygou and would recommend them for Xiaomi products.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

I bought a redmi note 3. Very happy with it..no customs charge, value wrote on packaging was 65 dollars + gift & sample. I didn't buy from OPs link, I bought from tinydeals, 21 days to arrive with Xmas and new year period included.

audioslave wrote: »
    I bought a redmi note 3. Very happy with it..no customs charge, value wrote on packaging was 65 dollars + gift & sample.

that was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Furzy wrote: »
    Not making any judgement on these phones/sellers but just be aware that there are a lot of fake Xiaomi phones for sale. I bought my Mi4 from ibuygou (https://www.ibuygou.com) who are official Xiaomi resellers. Great communication and service. Phone came from China via DHL (Chinapost was not an option) for an extra €15 or so but I was amazed to receive it on Monday lunchtime having ordered at 8pm the previous Thursday. I paid extra for customs insurance which was well worth the peace of mind (they refund you if you are liable for any customs duty). Overall Very impressed with ibuygou and would recommend them for Xiaomi products.

any easy way to judge if it's a fake when it arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There's an app ya can download from the official website that'll tell you. Buy from a well rated seller and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

any easy way to judge if it's a fake when it arrives?
    I think there's an IMEI checker too on the Xiaomi website.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

..... I've just seen this - Mi4 amazing value at €222 and 5" display!

Furzy wrote: »
    ..... I've just seen this - Mi4 amazing value at €222 and 5" display!

well, poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone have experience with Xiaomi phones? Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Yep I have a Redmi 2 and happy with it so far. If you are buying, I suggest that you buy from site(s) that offer shipping from an EU warehouse as this saves the hassle of wondering if you get caught with customs duty and VAT.

mine arrived this morning after having been stopped in customs since wednesday
    50 extra euro :( wouldn't have bought it if it was on sale at this price but I have it now so *shrug*

it looks beautiful. i'm coming to this from a moto g first gen (which i only have a year after using a galaxy s1 since '12) so this is going to be my first "Proper" smartphone

can't wait to be bored and complain about how there's nothing worth playing on the play store, but on a 5.5 inch screen!

-edit

front camera is ****ed. unbelievably fuzzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I bought the note 3 1 month ago off the site listed by OP. Flagged by customs and just under 200e including the higher end cover. Packaging used was very good and no damage to the device. Everything working as expected.

Front/Back camera.
    3g/4g, twin sim support.
    Shipping took some time, but I bought just before the sale ended so I was waiting 1 week before the they even shipped the item.

The size is pretty nice and fits in your hand pretty comfortably.
    Battery life seems good

front camera is ****ed. unbelievably fuzzy.

can't edit the post any more

front camera is fine, i'm just an idiot. didn't notice there was a plastic cover on the screen :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

can't edit the post any more

front camera is fine, i'm just an idiot. didn't notice there was a plastic cover on the screen :o

That happens me too, I thought I bought a dud :)

im so relieved i decided to be polite when i emailed the seller to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭elmicko

How would you guys think these Lenovos compare to the Xiaomis:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/103919#
    Apparently on sale today (22nd Feb 2016)
    I was specifically thinking the K3 Note for $115 - Does anyone have experience with this?
    I was thinking of it as a 'burner' phone for when I'm abroad due to the dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I have k3 note,brilliant phone for the money.you wont regret it.needrom have loads of ROMs to overwrite chinese ROM.

Advertisement