Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saracens v Ulster BT Sport Europe KO 3.15pm

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ulster can't throw in the towel, points difference is crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

They'd want to keep an eye on the PD if by some miracle 18 points gets us through it will come down to that. We might need 60 next week.

Why oh why did we send a weakened team to Oyonnax last week? I like Kiss and I think he will be good for us but that selection is a black mark against his name.

Anyway I can't watch any more of this!

bilston wrote: »
    They'd want to keep an eye on the PD if by some miracle 18 points gets us through it will come down to that. We might need 60 next week.

Why oh why did we send a weakened team to Oyonnax last week? I like Kiss and I think he will be good for us but that selection is a black mark against his name.

Anyway I can't watch any more of this!

It won't be a miracle for 18 to get Ulster through. It's very likely to be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Cant expect to compete in Europe or pro12 for that matter with our current back row options

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IHumph with the slowest intercept try ever :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Nice intercept , but Saracens are the form team in Europe and will take some beating this year..

Nice intercept , but Saracens are the form team in Europe and will take some beating this year..

At this stage I don't mind Saracens, just anything to stop Toulon.

matthew8 wrote: »
    It won't be a miracle for 18 to get Ulster through. It's very likely to be good enough.

Oh I expect us to get to 18, I'm just not convinced it will be enough.

awec wrote: »
    IHumph with the slowest intercept try ever :pac:

It helps the PD so we'll take it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How many points do you have to be within to get a LBP?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    How many points do you have to be within to get a LBP?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Unlikely I'd imagine. Can't see them finishing ahead of two of the current 2nd place teams now. Maybe if Clermont and Northampton both mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Scythica

What we wouldn't give for a few of Leinsters backrow options to come up for a season or 2....

*Disclaimer: As long as it's not Olding, McCloskey, Cave, Payne, Marshall, and anyone else I missed*

Oh I expect us to get to 18, I'm just not convinced it will be enough.

Well unless Ospreys win at Exeter that group has no chance of a second placed team making 18 or more, Stade are far from certain to beat Leicester and if Leicester win then that pool is sorted too, Northampton will probably need 2 wins including 1 bonus point to get in front of Ulster too, their points difference is poor. There's a good chance the second placed team in Leinster's group won't make 18 either, either a Bath or Leinster win in the last week should do it.

Well unless Ospreys win at Exeter that group has no chance of a second placed team making 18 or more, Stade are far from certain to beat Leicester and if Leicester win then that pool is sorted too, Northampton will probably need 2 wins including 1 bonus point to get in front of Ulster too, their points difference is poor. There's a good chance the second placed team in Leinster's group won't make 18 either, either a Bath or Leinster win in the last week should do it.

Well we will get a better idea over the next 24 hours, not sure Bath will finish in the top 2 but hopefully Leinster beat them tonight.

Well we will get a better idea over the next 24 hours, not sure Bath will finish in the top 2 but hopefully Leinster beat them tonight.

Really if Bath don't get the try bonus tonight then Ulster should be safe from them. Tough to see them getting a try bonus against Toulon.

Dear Mr Garces,

Learn the offside rule.

Yours begrudgingly, awec

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

awec wrote: »
    Dear Mr Garces,

Learn the offside rule.

Yours begrudgingly, awec

Has he been added awec
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Has he been added awec

He was added at a previous Ulster/Saracens game. Once you're on it you don't get off.

Saracens didnspend a lot of the day offside...BUT...Ulster's ball was so slow it was no wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He was added at a previous Ulster/Saracens game. Once you're on it you don't get off.

Bit like heroin.

Exactly ibf. He's on the list for life, it probably keeps him awake at night.

Looking at it as things stand there is a very good chance that there will be rematch in late March/early April. Maybe if we have Henry and Williams available we will be a bit more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Looking at it as things stand there is a very good chance that there will be rematch in late March/early April. Maybe if we have Henry and Williams available we will be a bit more competitive.

Yes. Henry, Williams and Tuohy. Pity that Henderson won't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Sad to see Ulster beaten by Saracens. Best of luck in the Pro12 league.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just seen the Ashton incident. Ugh, the guy can't help himself. Clearly gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Bit like heroin.

Ulster just says NO

Advertisement