Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaker recommendations please

Options
  • 16-01-2016 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm in the market for a good shaker bottle. I've went through many of them but still looking for the one. The last one I had was stackable Blender Bottle which was quite nice but the lid split open after 3months of use :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Literally any shaker at all. They start smelling like ass after a while anyway so you'll just be buying a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Yeah I found that they do smell but that mostly was the case with the free ones that you get during some sale with 5kg of whey. These ones actually smell dodgy right out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I like the smartshake shakers with the separate compartment, particularly the slim ones. I find the size much easier to hold (but I'm a girl :o)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Literally any shaker at all. They start smelling like ass after a while anyway so you'll just be buying a new one.
    reklamos wrote: »
    Yeah I found that they do smell but that mostly was the case with the free ones that you get during some sale with 5kg of whey. These ones actually smell dodgy right out of the box.

The smell is just from constant use. Make up a mild solution of hot water and a couple of squirts of bleach and leave it soak in it in the sink or similar. Take out and rinse well under warm water and then I throw it in the dish washer. Back to brand new again.

I have an ON shaker that has lasted a while now, I got a bulk powders one that leaked all over the place and I now have another version of the bulk powders one that has stackable compartments. All,cheap and cheerful and do the same thing.

http://www.bulkpowders.ie/accessories-clothing.html

Use this code and we both get a fiver off : KC129730

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Shakers are more like girlfriends than dogs.

Gotta replace em every few months to keep things fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ive always found that they only ever smell if you store them with the lid on when empty.
    I always store them with the lid off and they're still like new. No smell

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

There's lots of choice of there, personally I like maximuscle shakers. The one I would steer well clear of are the ON shakers, found them to be flimsy, poorly made pieces of c*ap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Free ones are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Have two ON shakers. One is really good.

The other flooded my bag with a pint of protein shake last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Thanks all for input. As I had some leakers I'm looking for the one that doesn't. Also I prefer dishwasher safe shakers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

reklamos wrote: »
    Thanks all for input. As I had some leakers I'm looking for the one that doesn't. Also I prefer dishwasher safe shakers.

Most would be dishwasher safe. I have not come across one that isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ive always found that they only ever smell if you store them with the lid on when empty.
    I always store them with the lid off and they're still like new. No smell

Absolutely. Took me a while to figure this out.

Watch out for any drops of water that haven't been dried. They can become pungent over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Absolutely. Took me a while to figure this out.

Watch out for any drops of water that haven't been dried. They can become pungent over time.

Leaving the remains of a protein shake in the container for a couple of days probably smells worse than leaving a dead rat in the shaker.

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Leaving the remains of a protein shake in the container for a couple of days probably smells worse than leaving a dead rat in the shaker.

I refuse to let anyone else wash and dry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I've a couple of crap ones I'd not even take out of the kitchen, they're so prone to leaking.
    I've a decent bulk powders one but my myprotein shaker is really solid and abuse proof.

What's the biggest shaker you can get? My 6 scoop shakes get a bit thick as there's so little room left in the shaker for liquid

6 scoops? Bloody hell.

6 scoops? Bloody hell.

Well I have 2 3 scoop shakes during the day and i can't be arsed bringing more than 1 shaker to work

Don't be silly
    ........... this would be much better
    http://www.diy.com/departments/jcb-corded-electric-mixer-134l/243971_BQ.prd

Yeah, good luck getting 6 scoops into that.

But I haven't seen a shaker bigger than 1 litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

EmptyTree wrote: »
    There's lots of choice of there, personally I like maximuscle shakers. The one I would steer well clear of are the ON shakers, found them to be flimsy, poorly made pieces of c*ap.

They're usually free too! Yeah found the same with my ON shaker, keeps leaking all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Have two ON shakers. One is really good.

The other flooded my bag with a pint of protein shake last week.

RIP bag. No way I'm trying to clean that.

It did take a lot of Milton...

Advertisement