Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 15th. January 2015

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Yeah it has me very surprised as well. I thought she removed herself though, after she got the backlash for "bullying" one of the contestants. I was very surprised to find her putting herself in the front line again so to speak.

She had been all over the media before her programme was broadcast
    begging people to watch it, because if enough did so, RTE might commission
    her to do another programme. So, we know what all the hype is about -
    Dr. Eva wants her job back. I doubt they will ever let her near Operation
    Transformation again.

She is just a pure scare monger. Balanced diet. Black pudding bad two years ago good now. I would not listen to her. We all know sugar salt etc is bad if u take loads but she is scare mongering to produce a show and a book. Scum.

I agree. It's not really about the sugar, but more about her desire to get
    back on TV again. ::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

brooke 2 wrote: »
    She had been all over the media before her programme was broadcast
    begging people to watch it, because if enough did so, RTE might commission
    her to do another programme. So, we know what all the hype is about -
    Dr. Eva wants her job back. I doubt they will ever let her near Operation
    Transformation again.

Why did she leave in the first place? Surely she'd do a better job than the current replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Just thinking back. What a poor show last night. Top billing given to lecturing the audience on the evil of sugar, an item that is barely worth billing on one of RTE's many radio shows. This was preceded by another health item, and book promotion that really didnt deserve to be on TV. And (no offence to Bobby Kerr) yet another person talking about a cancer diagnosis. RTE must have spies down at the oncology units looking for guests at this stage.

Does any other "light entertainment" talk show in the UK or US have such a fascination with death? It just baffles me that a show can be described as "light entertainment" when the topics covered range from very serious to very morbid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Just thinking back. What a poor show last night. Top billing given to lecturing the audience on the evil of sugar, an item that is barely worth billing on one of RTE's many radio shows. This was preceded by another health item, and book promotion that really didnt deserve to be on TV. And (no offence to Bobby Kerr) yet another person talking about a cancer diagnosis. RTE must have spies down at the oncology units looking for guests at this stage.

Does any other "light entertainment" talk show in the UK or US have such a fascination with death? It just baffles me that a show can be described as "light entertainment" when the topics covered range from very serious to very morbid.

True, all they need to do it take some tips from the graham norton or Jonathan Ross shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

True, all they need to do it take some tips from the graham norton or Jonathan Ross shows.

They would have to give up the misery. They'll never give up the misery. You would have to pry the misery from their cold dead hands, and they'd make a story of that too if it involves something cold and dead.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why did she leave in the first place? Surely she'd do a better job than the current replacement

I imagine there was such an uproar after the way she made that contestant
    cry, that RTE would not risk having her on board Operation Transformation
    again. But, she desperately wants to get her own programme. She is very
    open about that, begging everyone to watch her Sugar Crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Late Late Show, most Fridays 2028:

Lottie Ryan: So Chloe, how's the new 'Strumpet City!' panto going?

Chloe: (Dublin gurrier accent) Ah here with your Rashers! Wha? Ha ha, me gooter!...

Lottie Ryan: Now here's anamatronic Louis Walsh with the Eurovison shoe-in 'Bum Life Town side'.

Advertisement