Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut | Number 26 | Monese | Pay with Fire | etc.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

26 is closest to the most complete package for me tbh, but the others have their uses too. Let the customer decide, I welcome the choice wholeheartedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lumina

I would love to see one start up in Ireland to combat the pillar banks. However, 26 is best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Did some test transactions today.
    Ulster Bank to Fire
    Number26 to Fire

Both sent at the same time and arrived same day, 2 hours apart (UB showed first).

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Some more FinTech startups (or neobanks) likely to launch this year: Mondo; Atom Bank; Starling Bank; Tandem Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

soirish wrote: »
    Is it just me or FinTech is getting too packed?

The fintech providers are nimble and focused. There is not too many but rather too few in some categories.

There a handful of consumer facing fintech products accessible to Irish residents with the exception of P2P and online FX.
    Current accounts (EUR) --> N26. (1 option).
    Savings accounts --> Raisin. (1 option).
    FX with card --> Revolut (N26 an extent), (again 1 main option).
    FX online --> Transfer Wise, Currency Fair etc (lots of options).
    GBP account --> Monese (with fees).
    P2P lending --> Bondora, Mintos, Linked Finance etc (lots of options).

Insurance, credit, mortgages are largely untouched by fintech so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Anybody using Circle app? I think you really need a U.K. Debit Card and no Revolut is no good as it's a prepaid card.

Advertisement