Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

It was great @Hazys. And was my first one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Jakobi Myers made a couple of good catches. I've been impressed with him so far. He's going to have to step it up if Gordon is out for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Pats had to stay in one formation for the entire 2nd half due to injuries: 3 WR 1 TE, 1 RB. Brady said it was the first time in his career this had happened.

I think Bolden was the only skill play available if another injury occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Hazys wrote: »
    You thought that tailgating last night was cold??!?! Wait till you tailgate in -20C and you can't drink beer because it freezes too quickly! :pac:

I'll be over for the Chiefs game, is that what I'm looking at....!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

The Pats had to stay in one formation for the entire 2nd half due to injuries: 3 WR 1 TE, 1 RB. Brady said it was the first time in his career this had happened.

I think Bolden was the only skill play available if another injury occurred.

Technically we'd still have Slater....

I wonder if he even pretends to be a WR any more and does any route running in practice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I wonder has a wide receiver ever taken so long to score his first TD for a team.

12 years nearly :pac:

Earleybird wrote: »
    I'll be over for the Chiefs game, is that what I'm looking at....!?

Nah, it doesn't get that cold until January but do wear more layers than you think you'll need as you don't want to be stuck in an open stadium for 3 hours freezing as there is no heating anywhere in the stadium except for the bathrooms so you don't want to spend the entire game in there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BizzyC wrote:
    Technically we'd still have Slater....
    I wonder if he even pretends to be a WR any more and does any route running in practice...
    You can bet he does, he is coached by Bill Belichick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Looks like the offence will be without Gordon, Izzo and now Burkhead for tomorrow.
    Could be a long night.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I see Chandler Jones got 4 sacks last night for the Cards. Would he be a trade you'd undo if you could? He's been great for Arizona since landing there.

Pats got:
    Jonathan Cooper (never really played due to injury, never done much since that)
    Malcolm Mitchell (only got 1 year out of him, but he was big in the Atlanta superbowl comeback)
    Joe Thuney (ever present since he was drafted)

I suppose Pats were unlucky that 2 of those got injured.

Also, mightn't have got Van Noy if we still had Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I see Chandler Jones got 4 sacks last night for the Cards. Would he be a trade you'd undo if you could? He's been great for Arizona since landing there.

Pats got:
    Jonathan Cooper (never really played due to injury, never done much since that)
    Malcolm Mitchell (only got 1 year out of him, but he was big in the Atlanta superbowl comeback)
    Joe Thuney (ever present since he was drafted)

I suppose Pats were unlucky that 2 of those got injured.

Also, mightn't have got Van Noy if we still had Jones

We couldn't afford to keep him really, him, Hightower and DMac were all due contracts at the time and we couldn't pay all 3.

Only 3.5 point favourites tonight...would have expected a tiny bit more but with the injuries and the confidence the Jets will have going into this, its going to be a close one.

Only 3.5 point favourites tonight...would have expected a tiny bit more but with the injuries and the confidence the Jets will have going into this, its going to be a close one.

I'd gobble that 3.5 up if you tell me where that's quoted. Could be a dogfight again but that's low

Earleybird wrote: »
    I'd gobble that 3.5 up if you tell me where that's quoted. Could be a dogfight again but that's low

lol just ignore me, its 9.5 not 3.5 :rolleyes:

Start the car. A Watson TD and healthy bodies will top a perfect night

A 2nd round pick for Sanu seems incredibly expensive (I’m sure there is more to the trade)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Yeah, and I'd prefer a new LT than WR. I would have thought Harry coming back off IR would have been enough at WR, unless Flash is out for longer term.

I thought Ben Watson looked decent last night, so he might be able to help with the TE issues.

Sanu is a Rutgers player so a 2nd rounder makes sense

BaronVon wrote: »
    Yeah, and I'd prefer a new LT than WR. I would have thought Harry coming back off IR would have been enough at WR, unless Flash is out for longer term.

I thought Ben Watson looked decent last night, so he might be able to help with the TE issues.

Wynn should be back of IR in a couple of weeks so that will help

Just posted something similar on the other thread, maybe Bill is looking at the perfect season again. It's not like him to give up a second rounder for a receiver like Sanu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shur why would ya care about draft picks if you're planning on retiring before that draft ;)

Shedite27 wrote:
    Shur why would ya care about draft picks if you're planning on retiring before that draft
    I don't think Bill is retiring anytime soon. I'm sure he wants to beat Shula's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

2nd round pick is very expensive IMO.
    That's what you'd pay for a top talent 30 year old WR, not a guy who has never posted 1,000 yards in his 7 years.

I like him as an addition, but not at that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Flash gone to IR for season

Horrible news hopefully he doesn’t go off the rails without the structure of the team

Now the trade makes sense.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Flash gone to IR for season

Strange one

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1187114054122397697?s=19

Hmm, I hope he hasn't messed up again.

Dissapointing for him and the team. Was really rooting for the guy. Immense talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Convert a 4&7 only to end up kicking a field goal. Bright moments but not a confident start.

Advertisement