Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Captains thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Going with Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Think i might put it on KDB .. as it seems every time i go for logical/popular choices i get nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Another week without Kun. Need him soon, he'll explode soon. Kane for me this week though. Payet is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero

I'm looking forward to next week's captaincy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Aguero

I'm looking forward to next week's captaincy :)

PvA triple captain?

• Advertisement

Payet's the man...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PvA triple captain?

*taps nose knowingly*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think Giroud has good chance of doing very well this GW, and if my rivals didn't have Aguero i would pick Giroud, Have made up 30 points on both of them, so not point taking unnecessary captain picks, so playing safe with Aguero, even though i don't actually think he'll score.

My logic was right about Everton - being very good defensively away from home, as are Palace so i wasn't expecting big points from Ageuro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wonski wrote: »
    I think he was joking.

So was poll maker when adding both Butland and Bennett to the poll ;)
    Butland can get saves points. Aguero can't.

:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

iroced wrote: »
    Butland can get saves points. Aguero can't.

:pac:.

technically he can, if he ended up in goals :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aguero. Goalkeeping heroics can't keep him out two games in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ace2007 wrote: »
    technically he can, if he ended up in goals :pac:

Last time it happened no save points were added (iirc)

I think these only apply to goalkeepers.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

wonski wrote: »
    Last time it happened no save points were added (iirc)

I think these only apply to goalkeepers.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Angel Rangel was awarded save points a few years back when he went in goal. I'm not sure if they have changed the rules since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I honestly thought there'd be more Mahrez love. . .against Villa?!?!?

Screw it, I've been wrong every other week bar one, I'm going for it. . . .now watch Vardy score 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

So Ighalo is only the number two striker behind Lukaku in the all points list for forwards and also Watford are playing at struggling Swansea and yet he's not even on the poll, but someone like Ibe is?

Well, I went for Kane in the poll a couple of days ago, but I changed my mind. I mean I'm not going to make good on anyone in my leagues if I have the same captain as everyone else. Different if there was a must have captain this season but there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

With Mahrez as captain last few weeks, I decided to give the captain armband to Ayew this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No outstanding Captain today, I went with Kane due to Sunderland conceding so many. I was tempted to go with one of my Leicester duo but they are away and haven't done it in that last couple of games so I'll let them get back on track first.

Famous last words: I really don't fancy Aguero at all at the moment. I've watched him play every game since he came back from injury and he just doesn't look the same player yet. He doesn't seem to have anywhere near the amount of chances he had in the past. I have the money to bring him back in but until such time as he shows something like the form he has had before his most recent injury I'm going to stay away. It's just too much money to have tied up in one player when he is not performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've had three captain fails with Kane so far this season so I apologise to everyone else with him captain today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've had three captain fails with Kane so far this season so I apologise to everyone else with him captain today

4th time's the charm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Boskowski wrote: »
    So Ighalo is only the number two striker behind Lukaku in the all points list for forwards and also Watford are playing at struggling Swansea and yet he's not even on the poll, but someone like Ibe is?

Well, I went for Kane in the poll a couple of days ago, but I changed my mind. I mean I'm not going to make good on anyone in my leagues if I have the same captain as everyone else. Different if there was a must have captain this season but there isn't.

Typical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watching the City game and it's the first time I've seen Aguero look like he did before his last injury. Very worried that those who captained Aguero are going to have a big day. He has one already and he really looks on today. He looks like he is enjoying it out there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Aguero done the business today, captaining him was a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'm a bit disappointed that I switched from Aguero to Kane last night but at least it just cost me ~6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Aguero again. He'll come good very soon. If they didn't have Villa at home in March, I would be tempted to TC this week.

Fought hard with myself on that one. My TC will be a disaster whenever it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

theteal wrote: »
    I honestly thought there'd be more Mahrez love. . .against Villa?!?!?

Screw it, I've been wrong every other week bar one, I'm going for it. . . .now watch Vardy score 4!

I hope you take some solace in that he got taken off before they conceded :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I'm a bit disappointed that I switched from Aguero to Kane last night but at least it just cost me ~6 points.

Cost you 12 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

liam7831 wrote:
    Cost you 12 points

Nah cause he had both.
    Aguero(c) + Kane = 42
    Kane(c) + Aguero = 36

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

liam7831 wrote: »
    Cost you 12 points

6 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Oh yes, correct