Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Best Device for Kodi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Does anyone read the rules here......regarding discussing 3rd party addons and pirate content..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

gar32 wrote: »
    The best Device is a high spec PC. You can install the kodi software easy enough. HDMI output with 7.1 audio

i've a mini PC now and i find Kodi runs much smoother than on my previous M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

i've a mini PC now and i find Kodi runs much smoother than on my previous M8.

What mini pc?

What mini pc?

I've got this one.

without a doubt there are better ones out there, but i only use it for kodi so works great for me. i just find kodi runs smoother on windows than it does on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

have used various android boxes but found kodi to be more stable on the windows platform, currently mainly use an intel nuc with Celeron processor & 8gb ram.

• Advertisement

without a doubt there are better ones out there, but i only use it for kodi so works great for me. i just find kodi runs smoother on windows than it does on android.

Price looks great but what puts me off it the brand cenovo mimicking lenovo. Probably a great product but that would put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm using it as an app on the steam link http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/

Your PC is then the brains and power behind the box.

Price looks great but what puts me off it the brand cenovo mimicking lenovo. Probably a great product but that would put me off

So you don't mind buying one of the millions of cheap android boxes coming out of China, but have an issue with a cheap windows box coming out of the same factories because of the name?

Bottom line is they're all just cheap disposable pieces of electronics. Some will break after 2 months and some will last for years. Pot luck really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Don't buy from Gearbest whatever you do

So you don't mind buying one of the millions of cheap android boxes coming out of China, but have an issue with a cheap windows box coming out of the same factories because of the name?

Who said I have a cheap box from China?

• Advertisement

Who said I have a cheap box from China?

i just assumed you had or wanted an android box, and in that case you already have or will soon have, a cheap box from china.

Don't buy from Gearbest whatever you do

i've bought loads from them and never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

i've bought loads from them and never had any issues.

Is there a 'shareasale' affiliate link in the link you posted earlier by any chance ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is there a 'shareasale' affiliate link in the link you posted earlier by any chance ?

nope. tbh, only linked to that one as that was the first link that popped up when i was looking for an example of that mini pc

nope. tbh, only linked to that one as that was the first link that popped up when i was looking for an example of that mini pc

Well there is a shareasale affiliate link in it, so boards.ie must have put it there.

Well there is a shareasale affiliate link in it, so boards.ie must have put it there.

i haven't a clue what you're on about. what does a sharesale link look like? i checked and don't see anything on that link i posted.

Just curious but are you accusing me of having an alterior motive here?

i just assumed you had or wanted an android box, and in that case you already have or will soon have, a cheap box from china.

Not necessarily, the thread title is best device for kodi so it doesn't have to be a cheap android box from China.

That's not to say there isn't any "good" cheap android boxes from China, I've only ever had one, a MX2 and it was OK for the most part but **** itself when it came to playing HD streams.

I've a wetek openelec now and it streams HD perfect

i haven't a clue what you're on about. what does a sharesale link look like? i checked and don't see anything on that link i posted.

Just curious but are you accusing me of having an alterior motive here?

Good god no, am not accusing you or anybody else of anything, when I click on that link it redirects to a shareasale affiliate link, I know boards has affiliate links to some sites so it could be to do with that, but theirs are usually go redirectingat links (http://skimlinks.com/).

Not necessarily, the thread title is best device for kodi so it doesn't have to be a cheap android box from China.

That's not to say there isn't any "good" cheap android boxes from China, I've only ever had one, a MX2 and it was OK for the most part but **** itself when it came to playing HD streams.

I've a wetek openelec now and it streams HD perfect

wetek might be a better box, but it's still made in China for peanuts.

Good god no, am not accusing you or anybody else of anything, when I click on that link it redirects to a shareasale affiliate link, I know boards has affiliate links to some sites so it could be to do with that, but theirs are usually go redirectingat links (http://skimlinks.com/).

ah okay. Would be surprised if boards had an affiliate link with them as they hate them and have stickies everywhere banning them :pac: (if they do it would be pretty hypocritical lol).

i might have just picked the first link which is the "ad" one if you know what i mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

moleyv wrote: »

I also have a rpi2 and rpiB+. Rpi2 is the only one that can reasonably run openelec/kodi. Its good, but can get bogged down. Its also an SD card eater if you don't shut down properly.

Just wondering if you've tried a USB stick openelec install? Haven't had a single SD card issue since I did & also seems to run bit faster. Have to say if you have all the gear already Rpi2 is a great introduction to kodi, love that it supports CEC & that you can remap the buttons

Advertisement