Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good deal on full kit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

RoflHarris wrote: »
    Padraig, if you're going to siphon into the secondary using the tap, would you not just forego the secondary and bottle using the tap?

I don't normally use a secondary (although unusually I actually have both an imperial stout and an IPA in secondary at the moment) but I do batch prime before bottling so will always be transferring to a new bucket before bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

Mostly on mobile the last few days; I'll try to upload later or tomorrow.

sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

OK, here we go. Whoops, price was actually slightly over the 100! HBW had a 5% sale running at the time - this may or may not still be going. Second pic is just the first basket scrolled to show the last item. I haven't used the two handled capper, but it looks OK. I strongly recommend a bench capper - however, last I checked the budget one was out of stock at both Homebrew West and Homebrew Company. Note the options for equipment bundled with the kits in small print underneath them - this gets the main equipment for cheap. Lid of one of the FVs will need to be drilled with a 13mm bit if you wish to use the airlock. The Craft Range Blonde can be swapped with any of the other Craft Range kits (most of the are a bit more expensive; I can recommend the Wheat), or Bulldog premium kits also IIRC. All of this stuff was in stock when I sent them to the OP - I'm not sure if they still are. Quick word of caution - I find that Homebrew West very frequently mess up orders, so check your package when it arrives!

Edit: don't forget members of the National Homebrew Club and Beoir get a further 5% discount which will bring it under 100. If you're doing more than just a minimal amount of brewing, you will make back the €10 membership very quickly.

HBW1_zps34y9bqvl.jpg

HBW2_zpsm2me1osp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Avoid HomeBrew West at all costs. This was my first mistake in homebrew going near this shower. My order problems have been going on over a month now and still haven't got it fully sorted. Ordered their premium starter kit around new years along with an extra beer kit. Two weeks passed and my order hadn't shipped. I mailed them and got a message back basically telling me to relax. Waited another few days and got an email to say my order was being dispatched that day. A few more days passed and no sign of a delivery or tracking number from DPD. I decided to ring them and guess what my order hadn't shipped. Got lots of excuses but my order shipped that day, heading on for three weeks at this stage. The bottle rinser was missing from this order. Again had to hassle them wondering when it would ship. I was told it would ship last Monday. Friday arrived and still nothing. Emailed them again and got more lies so still waiting for this to be refunded. The whole process has been a disaster and it's still not finished. In the time this order has been going on I've order stuff off Get r brewed and the homebrew company and both have been fantastic to deal with. Orders dispatched within a day. I also dropped into Motley Brew to get the bottle rinser, again they're great to deal with. Homebrew West will not get another penny of me and would advise anyone going off my experience to avoid them and deal with the other companies I mentioned. From what I've heard since I'm not the only person to have similar problems. Again it's just my experience but they are easily the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

Advertisement