Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny - Funny/Cool Pics, Vids & Gifs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

SPEED RELOAD

BkZlYH4es3qKc

Yeah.... I dunno how to Gif

This is funny, needs headphones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    SPEED RELOAD

BkZlYH4es3qKc

Edit it to this link:
    BkZlYH4es3qKc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

r4vZCH4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ that used to be so annoying for the speed run for that exotic sniper / fusion thingy
    It's making me angry just looking at it

Ok, I'll preface this by saying that this is not so much funny or interesting as it is.... i dunno.... telling?

I've spoken to a few of the lads on chat about the day I basically thought to myself "you know what, screw you Datto"

I've, in the past, found him to be reasonably objective and a good voice for the community in Year 1 and Early Year 2 (without coming across as a shill)

But basically he posted a video about the Warpriest Challenge back in the day when it launched complaining about it being too easy (and hey-ho, if you've played this game for ~700+ hours, it is easy)

The thing is there was a kind of "community backlash" at the time since people on Reddit were like (i'm summarising and paraphrasing here)

"yeah, we find it easy, but we are the 1%, this is a challenge for the 99%, you don't speak for everyone, you now only speak for the 1%, which is elitist. You play this game all day every day as a full time job. Try going on LFG and finding some randoms and you'll get a rude awakening"

I actually agree with that sentiment, it's not super hard, but heck, even Oryx ain't hard once you've killed him a few times, challenge or not.

So here is video one, where he kind of let's loose (and don't get me wrong, the guy is entitled to his opinion and to voice said opinion on his channel, no argument there)

The thing is, that AFTER he posted that video and saw the "community backlash", when he did the Golgoroth Video he went into full "Toys thrown out of the Pram mode" and basically got the hump. It was one of the most f**king immature things i've seen from a person like him full stop on Youtube (and I watch a lot of stupid rubbish on youtube)

This ended up serving as a catalyst for him expanding his channel more and more (and good for him, no animosity there from me in that regard) but if you see his stuff now in regards the April updated it's DRIPPING in negativity like a sulky child. I mean he WANTS to complain, but "Can't" cause it's free.

Sometimes we'll kind of have chats about this in party but just wanted to throw this up here as it came up again recently and it was the kind of the day that Datto stopped being my "Go-to" resource for all things Destiny

Anyway..... yeah.... that's my rant over with :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sometimes we'll kind of have chats about this in party but just wanted to throw this up here as it came up again recently and it was the kind of the day that Datto stopped being my "Go-to" resource for all things Destiny

He's moved to/back to ProfessorBroman and KingGothalion.

(We really need the run away emote)

He's moved to/back to ProfessorBroman and KingGothalion.

(We really need the run away emote)

I've never liked either of those tbh. I can't stand Broman on a personal level. Gothalion I can actually stomach though. He came across like a dope on that live stream with Bungie before HoW but his Youtube stuff ain't bad, I can digest it.

Thing is, there's another youtuber I like called Morning After Kill (MAK). He's a fairly annoying guy from New Jersey (i think) who does Destiny videos and stuff for other games I like, like Borderlands. And there's a decent bit of bad blood there between himself and Broman :P

I like him (cause he's "real" in that he talks about real life stuff like his problems and screwed up family issues etc), but most people would find him MEGA annoying.

He seems like the kind of guy I'd get introduced to by a friend in a pub and either spend the rest of the night becoming best friends or I'd hate him so much I'd leave and burn the bar down :pac:

I'll leave one of his videos here for the sake of it. Yeah, he's annoying. But I like him cause he's his own guy for the most part and almost parodies how Youtubers are

• Advertisement

You know that sound that people make when they rub balloons. That's how MorningAfterKill sounds to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I have to say in his defence, I liked his disection of weaponry and explanations, and his voice didn't annoy me at all. Lots of the others guys can really grind my gears. Anything to be said for that sexy smooth talking guy from Planet Destiny? :p

PetKing wrote: »
    I have to say in his defence, I liked his disection of weaponry and explanations, and his voice didn't annoy me at all. Lots of the others guys can really grind my gears. Anything to be said for that sexy smooth talking guy from Planet Destiny? :p

My Name is Byf (Bye-ef)? Yeah, he's grand, but his actual video content (not voice over) is usually rubbish, just 7 mins of him playing an average Rumble. It's grand if you actually don't want to Watch, and just have on in the background

And I'll turn off a video if the review is made of +40% intro graphics and ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PetKing wrote: »
    And I'll turn off a video if the review is made of +40% intro graphics and ****e!

Won't someone think of the Skrillex Wub Wub montages?

:)

They get me most...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,073 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only just started listening to the Planet Destiny stuff and TruVangaurd. TruVanguard is great. An awesome player but seems very chill and humble with it - and it is clear he actually enjoys and likes the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Only just started listening to the Planet Destiny stuff and TruVangaurd. TruVanguard is great. An awesome player but seems very chill and humble with it - and it is clear he actually enjoys and likes the game.

Yeah, those 2 are pretty good. As you say, the way that Vanguard presents his stuff is really easy going and informative at the same time. His montage is well worth a watch

The description on the video tells teh real story IMO:
    So, I couldn't put these thoughts into the video because they're from the perspective of a hardcore player and whenever I talk from my hardcore perspective, I get destroyed by all of you. I wanted to name this video "A Casual Dream, A Hardcore Nightmare: The April Update," but I'm gonna guess that wasn't gonna go over well because no one likes hardcore players.

As a hardcore player, I'm disappointed in this update because Bungie has essentially casualified this game to the most casual I've ever seen it. Don't get me wrong, for the majority of the player base, this is a good thing to do, it just sucks as a hardcore player. The one thing that I thought I could be hardcore with, Prison of Elders, doesn't have global leaderboards. I have nothing to strive for. If you're not a hardcore player, you're not likely to have this train of thought and instead may view hardcore players as selfish or elitist. But, I'm gonna ask you to TRY to put yourself in the shoes of a hardcore player for the rest of this read.

I didn't see that initially, but now I have, I actually think even less of him.

Oh boo-hoo, "the game has more ways for players to hit 330 light and the elite few won't be the only people on max light"

What a bloody wingebag. I mean at least if you have your opinion and voice it i'd respect that but basically saying "I don't want to say why I don't like this cause I'm a 1% and you won't like it".... well... grow up man.... jesus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hes really comes across as a bitter whiney fool in fairness.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hes really comes across as a bitter whiney fool in fairness.

He was the Destiny King until that Challenge mode video, and then it all fell to s**t, he'd really want to cop on and man up though instead of carrying his "hardcore player" status around like a bloody cross

He was the Destiny King until that Challenge mode video, and then it all fell to s**t, he'd really want to cop on and man up though instead of carrying his "hardcore player" status around like a bloody cross

Yeah I have heard of him before, i'm not one for watching videos too often on youtube or anything so that was the first time i've come across them.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah I have heard of him before, i'm not one for watching videos too often on youtube or anything so that was the first time i've come across them.

Videos are a really great way of bettering your PvP play, learning about builds, perks, weapon recoil, etc etc etc. Helpful if you want to get decent at PvP.

True Vanguards stuff on Vertical Space, Fight or Flight etc are a good help when you learn to implement them

Spending more time flat on my back these days so when I creak up I watch a lot of YouTube and Twitch...

I do like MTashed crucible school ones but his so called comedy ones with the Scotsman and the like are embarrassing IMO.....

Never really watched this Datto guy, I may have seen the odd one of his videos come up in my suggested feed...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Fieldog wrote: »
    I do like MTashed crucible school ones but his so called comedy ones with the Scotsman and the like are embarrassing IMO.....

Agree 100% with this. Every time a new MTashed video is flagged to me, I am hoping it is a serious one and not a video where he is trying to be funny.

This is my favourite True Vanguard video.

This is my favourite True Vanguard video.

Did Realkraftyy not do it first and TVG kind of copied it as Krafty doesn't have an active YT account?

https://www.twitch.tv/realkraftyy/v/34947392

"Can you put your daddy on the mic?"

"Hello?"

"Bro, I'm a loose cannon... Are you sure you want to do this?"

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did Realkraftyy not do it first and TVG kind of copied it as Krafty doesn't have an active YT account?

https://www.twitch.tv/realkraftyy/v/34947392

No completely wrong. Need to read the small print lad. TV carried a 6yr old and RK carried a 7yr old.

• Advertisement

New revive method I saw on Reddit.

Advertisement