Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games would you be willing to buy on launch day?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No Mans Sky....Could be tempted.

Although, I am a fan of CE games.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Also gone off getting games on release day, but I'll be all over Rugby Challenge 3 when that finally drops. EA UFC 2 as well and possibly Ratchet and Clank since the original is my favourite console game of all time (also my very first PS2 game). The rest can wait, 2016 doesn't look like a great year for my taste in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Fifa

Call of duty

Ufc2

Anything that's online multilayer that interests me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

X-Com 2

Homeworld Deserts of Kharak (one more week!!)

Mother Russia Bleeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I dont do release games really outside of sports games, So Fifa, NBA and Madden would be the only games Id look into buying the first week of release.
    For the other kinda games, I can wait for them to go on sales then pick them up, no problem waiting a year tbh, story will still be the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Dark Souls, other than that nothing. Mainly play FPS online and like to wait a few weeks/months for the teething issues to be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm...

The only game I bought last year on launch was Fallout 4. Which was pretty disappointing too. I just now wait out and buy games for less then half price. My golden spot to buy games now is around at 20eu, dont like paying anything above that, I am willing to wait.

Games I would buy on launch this year: Dark Souls 3 and X-com 2. Nothing else springs in my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

dark souls 3

stalker 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Uncharted 4 is another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Im really struggling to remember the last games I bought at launch. I used to preorder any games I wanted from amazon and they would arrive close to release day. When I ascended to PC my backlog meant that the game would be half the price before I got around to playing it.

The only game I can think of is the next warcraft expansion but after warlords even that wouldn't be certain. Fallout 4 is my most recent game but that was a gift.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Cormac... wrote: »
    Uncharted 4 is another one

Just playing through the remastered collection now for the first time and I'm really not liking the tedious gameplay.

I'm also moving away from launch day purchases. Current gen games are too expensive to take a risk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

5uspect wrote: »
    I'm also moving away from launch day purchases. Current gen games are too expensive to take a risk on.

Same price as last gen if you know where to buy.

For me this year, day one games are:
    Uncharted 4
    Mirror's Edge
    Deus Ex
    Tomb Raider
    No Mans Sky
    Fire Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I need to get a PS4 again first but the games I'll definitely get on launch are

The Witness
    Firewatch
    Dark Souls 3
    Uncharted 4
    Persona 5
    The Last Guardian
    No Man's Sky

Probably Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex too.

Plenty of others I'm interested in but I'll wait for previews/reviews from people with similar tastes to me before I decide on getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Im really struggling to remember the last games I bought at launch.

Same here. I think it was Destiny which probably explains why I rarely buy games at release any more.

Halo 5 would have been one but I was in the middle of playing through MCC so didn't want the temptation of jumping straight into it. Have read good things about The Division so could be tempted there.

Only games I can say would be definites are the next Mass Effect and any follow up to The Witcher (or probably anything from the same developers).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

GTA

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

Monster hunter games, always have to pre-order, love them.

Advertisement