Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridley or Cervelo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I have the Helium with Ultegra 11s in team colours (2014 edition) and it's a very nice ride. Very comfortable. €3.5k might get you a DA equipped Helium, but it won't get an R3 with Dura Ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Cervelo all the way.....Ridley put too much effort into look the part, that they over do it and make them ugly.....Cervelo on the other had, well....it's the finer things in life....

It's like comparing a BMW to a Fiat. ....cervelo being the BMW....car is perfect, top of the range, no bull****. ..every frame is of a high standard....with the Ridley or fiat....your only looking at mediocre....but I suppose a cars a car right!!

Nonsense. Rubbish comparison. Ridleys are a top class frame. There UK and irish suppliers are utter tools tho but ridley make great frames anyone who told you otherwise doesn't have a clue what there talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Cervelo all the way.....Ridley put too much effort into look the part, that they over do it and make them ugly.....Cervelo on the other had, well....it's the finer things in life....

It's like comparing a BMW to a Fiat. ....cervelo being the BMW....car is perfect, top of the range, no bull****. ..every frame is of a high standard....with the Ridley or fiat....your only looking at mediocre....but I suppose a cars a car right!!

Nonsense+1. I currently have an R3 but my brother has a Noah and it's an unbelievable bike. I have to admit the Cervelo quality is fantastic but there is definitely an "Apple" factor for many people where the bike is seen as a status symbol. If they produced a total turd people will still buy it. But unfortunately you get a lot of that in the cycling world, be it Bib shorts or brake pads.

For the OP it's a nice choice to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AlexMer

Thanks everybody for all the input, very much appreciated, Cervelo S3 is on route.
    Thanks again

Advertisement