Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value meals delivered

Options
  • 11-01-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend the best value for meal deliveries in Dublin? I've previously used the colosseum kitchen but they seem to have stopped. I like the look of fighterfood.ie but it seems quite expensive at €102 p/w for a lunch and dinner which I could easily do myself for less than half that. My biggest problem is being severely pressed for time with work and other commitments i like the convenience of the meals being prepared for me

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Unfortunately you're not really paying for the food, you're paying for the convenience of having the food prep'd and delivered. So expect to pay accordingly!

€102 isn't THAT bad if they're decent sized meals.

€10/meal is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

There's a place on just eat called lowcal meals delivered based in Baldoyle.
    Cheaper but I don't know what they're like.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-Localmealsdelivered-Baldoyle/menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Paleo Ireland do 5 lunches and 5 dinners for 55 EUR.

Lunch is a hearty soup or salad with chicken breast. So i tend to add a little extra to these.

For dinner I would normally add a bag of rice/sweet potato or something a bit extra to these but they are convenient and the best price I have seen for delivery healthy meals.

When i need to drop weight i just stop adding anything extra and eat them as they come.

They dont have a webpage at the minute but have a facebook page where you can place your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Cheers, I'll give them a look

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I've used the lowcal meal guys before. Food is fine, maybe a bit bland but they will cater to your needs in terms of macros which is very useful. I've since moved to GourmetFuel and I find these guys very good so far in terms of quality and value for money. They have a website that makes ordering very easy and you can select to collect or get it delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Might try Paleo Ireland next week.

Have been using Philly McMahon's http://fitfood-ireland.myshopify.com/ for about 2 months now. Usually order 2 lots of dinners and a tray of deserts every two weeks for the two of us.

Dinners are actually tasty, but also a bit limited.

7 dinners for €47 as compared to Paleo Ireland's 5 dinners and 5 lunches for €55. Food for thought :pac:

Advertisement