Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying abroad? Yah or Nah?

Options
  • 11-01-2016 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So I'm interested in studying abroad, not just on Erasmus or something, but going to a European university after Leaving Cert.
    I've looked into some of the Eunicas ones, but Germany would be my go to destination.
    There's also the question of how one goes about this, applications etc?
    If anyone has any tips or advice I'd love to hear what you have to say 🙌ðŸ»ðŸ˜‰

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

So I'm interested in studying abroad, not just on Erasmus or something, but going to a European university after Leaving Cert.
    I've looked into some of the Eunicas ones, but Germany would be my go to destination.
    There's also the question of how one goes about this, applications etc?
    If anyone has any tips or advice I'd love to hear what you have to say 🙌ðŸ»ðŸ˜‰

Hey, so I might be able to offer some advice. I'm basically in your reversed situation :-) Born and raised in another EU country and came over after secondary school to study in UCD. Studying full-time in another country is a HUGE change but so, so beneficial in the long run. It'll make you very adaptable, give you language skills, you'll know people all over Europe and employers obviously love it :-)

With regards to how to go about it, I registered on CAO etc. and for pretty much every country in the EU you can apply just like any local student. If you are looking at Germany, I think your best bet would be to give the university you're interested in a call (if you don't know which university you want to go to, check QS World rankings or other websites that provide info on german universities).

Given the low fees in Germany and how useful the language will be, and how cheap the rent is there it sounds like a great choice :-)

Maybe one of your current teachers could also help you out?

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pure Princess!!

DreamByDay wrote: »
    Hey, so I might be able to offer some advice. I'm basically in your reversed situation :-) Born and raised in another EU country and came over after secondary school to study in UCD. Studying full-time in another country is a HUGE change but so, so beneficial in the long run. It'll make you very adaptable, give you language skills, you'll know people all over Europe and employers obviously love it :-)

With regards to how to go about it, I registered on CAO etc. and for pretty much every country in the EU you can apply just like any local student. If you are looking at Germany, I think your best bet would be to give the university you're interested in a call (if you don't know which university you want to go to, check QS World rankings or other websites that provide info on german universities).

Given the low fees in Germany and how useful the language will be, and how cheap the rent is there it sounds like a great choice :-)

Maybe one of your current teachers could also help you out?

Best of luck!!

Thank you, really appreciate your advise! I hope you enjoyed/are enjoying your time in Ireland!

Advertisement