Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 km run times

Options
  • 10-01-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I was unfit there for a period of three years and now back training 3 months. I weigh 15 stone now and I'm 6 ft 4.
    I was 17 I've followed a strict protein diet to help me achieve this.

I've been running 7 km s on the road a lot of days. The other day I ran it twice 14 km in a time of 1 hour 20 minutes. I'm thinking of going back playing football this year so just wondering where this leaves me in terms of fitness.

I have a feeling I'd have more energy if I was eating carbs. I'm back in 34 inch jeans. Should I stick to diet and push for 1 more stone loss to 14 stone? I've been in gym so carrying a good bit of muscle as well. I do interval training too can do 40 min alternating between 10 15 on treadmill for 2 min covering 8 km. any advice on where to go from here??
    Thanks I don't have any spare money for PT??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There's no reason why you can't continue losing weight and introduce more carbs to your diet. Long term, your diet is going to need to be sustainable anyway so once you're eating fewer calories than you burn the presence of carbs won't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sisyphus Mark II

Yeah I was thinking that I would introduce carbs soon. It's just I need to be strict with diet to lose weight. Sticking to protein helps me to keep calories down.

I was kinda looking for some insight to my fitness levels. Like whether I would perform better at 14 stone or 15 stone?
    I'm not carrying really that much fat anymore. Running 14 km in 1 hr 20.
    I'm guessing I'll run a lot better at 14 but not wanting to sacrifice muscle much. I currently bench 85 kg 5 sets of 8.
    Want to know this from football GAA perspective?? I'm in my late 20s by the way.

I will definitely eat carbs when training starts but think I should still be cutting at the moment.

Advertisement