Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the lab

• 07-01-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Having done my PhD and post-doc'ed in the health science for a few years, I think I'm ready to leave the lab and academia. Maybe the January blues talking but it got me thinking as to where to next.

I've gone passed the age and stage in my personal life where moving is a possibility and this limits my options in academia I think.

Under the cloak of anonymity I'm happy to say that at this stage I just want a job that stays behind in the evening and allows me to have a life without feeling guilty for not doing more, and a job that pays decent salary.

Where have other people gone after post-docing?

How does one go about getting into QA roles does anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Having done my PhD and post-doc'ed in the health science for a few years, I think I'm ready to leave the lab and academia.
    Private sector?
    Where have other people gone after post-docing?
    Just post-doc now at university on grant-funded research.
    How does one go about getting into QA roles does anyone know?
    One of our past grants examined how corporations were implementing the ISO 9001 international quality assurance standards, but that too occurred at university.

Are you familiar with FDA/GMP or FDA/GLP or ISO 9000 or CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) standards? Can you relocate? There may be private sector for profit occupational opportunities in Health Science QA or CSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

In the same boat myself right now - I plan on just applying to posted industry adds - they tend to come up a lot on job sites. Usually not permanent contracts - but thats the same with postdocing.

Advertisement