Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth running headphones

Options
  • 06-01-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of bluetooth headphones for running. Sick of feckin cables while out running!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I actually picked up a small bluetooth adapter recently and you can pop any headphones into it which I find handier than being tied to a single pair.

This is the one I got - battery lasts about 6 hours. There are loads of amazon though, some cheaper and they all work the same.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Bluetooth-Wireless-Multi-Point-Connectivity/dp/B00CGV4LRY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1452088914&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+sbh20

Also try the headphones forum as there were some threads on this recently I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

I got ones in Aldi the other day. €15.99. They are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I've been using these for a while jsut for working out. Good quality & sound, they hold a decent charge & price is really good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Bluetooth-Earphones-Headphones-Hands-free/dp/B00W6VS9CM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452089032&sr=8-3&keywords=mpow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I bought these recently: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010FDQCBM?ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1
    They are due to arrive on Friday so I will report back and let you know how good/bad they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I splashed out on Beats Solo 2 wireless headphones. They're great for what i use them for - day to day stuff and the gym. I don't go for runs though as I get my cardio from sports so I cant really say what they're like for running in. Great range on them - furthest iv left my phone away so far was about 30m and they still worked. Easy to use for phone calls/changing song/pause/play/volume etc

They're expensive, got a good deal on them and use them everyday so it was worth it personally

My brother uses these Vandesail ones and swears by them - never used them so i cant say anything. Look handy though

• Advertisement

I'm no audophile. So much so, I'm not even sure if I spelled it correctly.

However, I have nothing but praise for these headphones, that have become my go-to headphones for anything outdoors.

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-wireless-bluetooth-4-0-sport-neckband-headphones-headset-with-mic-and-case-matt-black-7DAYBTSPORT

I can't wear 'normal' tiny headphones that sit in your ear, cos I could never find any that didn't cut the ear of me. Because of the padding on these, and the way the band goes around your ear, I find they sit comfortably for hours on end. Their battery never seems to die (I dusted off a pair there last week that I hadn't used in about six months, and the battery was still charged.. and they were used a fair bit six months ago!).

There's a very slight discomfort when you first get them as you kinda have to get used to them being on your ears (they kinda clip at the top. It doesn't hurt or anything - I think it's just that it's not often you have something sitting there) but after a wear or two you forget they were ever there at all. I also find that because of the way they're designed, you can run (what i used them for mostly) and shake your head about relentlessly and they simply won't budge (but this could probably vary from head to head, and maybe I've just got a lucky head.. haha).

I've given mine as a 'try out' to two or three friends, who all bought them for themselves, too.

That, and there's no control panel pods or any of that kinda shiet i see other people with. All the buttons for forward/back/play/pause are on one ear piece. So you literally connect to your phone via bluetooth, stick them on and go out.

That said, I am pretty sure I got them for around €17-18. Not far off the price they're at at the moment, but they were cheaper than they are now. I was taking a punt (as they're generic 7DayShop ones, i was expecting fairly shoddy audio and build quality, but was very surprised).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

When I was looking for bluetooth headphones Jaybird bluebuds x were mentioned a lot. They're covered under warranty for sweat damage but I don't think they sweat proof but at least you can get them replaced for free. The big issue for me was that they are really expensive (€130).

in the end I went for a cheap pair of mpow headphones crazyderk mentioned above for 15 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

i bought a pair of the jaybird buds last year but was very dissapointed with the max volume on them. dont use them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

My girlfriend got me a pair of jabra earphones for Christmas and recommend them highly enough. Sound quality is excellent and seem very durable

Advertisement