Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair for mousepad button/replace battery

Options
  • 06-01-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Apologies if wrong forum.

I've a 3 year old Dell XPS. The battery failed around a year ago and it only works plugged in now. Recently the left click button failed so I bought an external mouse. I use the laptop a lot for gaming and the external mouse is not practical as I don't have a desk available (play off my lap)

The last time I got a Dell laptop repaired to fix battery issues I sank €150 into it and got nowhere. Two questions:
    • How much work is involved in fixing the mouse button? Seems a pure hardware fault.
    • Are replacement Dell batteries worth the investment?

Part of me wants a new laptop (to play GTA V!) but I'm thinking I should just be sensible and stick with a perfectly fine laptop untill it officially bites the dust.

Advertisement