Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Captain Thread

Options
  • 04-01-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen a GW 21 captain poll, maybe it's a little early. But, who are you going for?

GW 21 Captain Pick 155 votes

Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Ozil
    52% 82 votes
    De Bruyne
    4% 7 votes
    Kane
    8% 13 votes
    Costa
    15% 24 votes
    Walcott
    5% 9 votes
    Payet
    0% 0 votes
    Ighalo
    3% 5 votes
    Mahrez
    3% 5 votes
    Giroud
    0% 1 vote
    Rooney
    0% 0 votes
    Martial
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku
    0% 1 vote
    Alli
    0% 1 vote
    Willian
    0% 0 votes
    Oscar
    1% 3 votes
    Hazard
    0% 0 votes
    A Ayew
    0% 0 votes
    Sigurdsson
    0% 1 vote
    Other
    1% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Costa or Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

have it on Kane currently. Arnie vice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Because at this stage I'm mostly playing for the craic, Costa. Kane VC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

manual_man wrote: »
    have it on Kane currently. Arnie vice

Missed that one my bad. Currently on Aguero myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Aguero for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Aguero. It's time he starts paying me back for all the captain blanks last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero once he gets through the cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Costa. Won't captain Aguero until he does 90 minutes and scores a hattrick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wonder will anyone have the balls to go captain Payet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wonder will anyone have the balls to go captain Payet?

Bournemouth have been pretty good defensively of late and Payet still has to prove his fitness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sergio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Currently on Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bournemouth have been pretty good defensively of late and Payet still has to prove his fitness

i posted this in the wildcard thread yesterday about Aguero, although i would never do it - captain Payet isn't the worst choice when you see the defensive stats of city's next two games, and people have no problem captain Aguero with the idea that city are going to go mad.
    Aguero bar the goal yesterday didn't do much - just look at the GW thread and see the comments about him, yet folk are now getting the fear??? Everton and Palace in the next 2 games - again they are among the best defensive record this season away from home (Palace are the best, and Everton joined 3rd). If you are transferring him in out of fear, you'll probably make him captain for the same fear?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    i posted this in the wildcard thread yesterday about Aguero, although i would never do it - captain Payet isn't the worst choice when you see the defensive stats of city's next two games, and people have no problem captain Aguero with the idea that city are going to go mad.

Everton are far from good at the back IMO though. They conceded four against Stoke at home for example.

Martinez isn't s good defensive manager. They did well defensively in his first season but that was because of a lot of the work Moyes had done.

I'll be going with Aguero once he comes through the two Cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm starting to get flashbacks to GW30 last season, where 99% of players were in one of two camps: you captained Aguero (WBA) or Kane (LEI). I captained the former to a 2-pointer, and my main rival captained Kane for his hat-trick and overtook me for the first time in months. That caused some serious FPL trauma.

That said, I'm still leaning towards Aguero this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Lemlin wrote: »
    Everton are far from good at the back IMO though. They conceded four against Stoke at home for example.

Martinez isn't s good defensive manager. They did well defensively in his first season but that was because of a lot of the work Moyes had done.

I'll be going with Aguero once he comes through the two Cup games.

Not really for this thread but please indulge me :D

I agree to a point but it must be noted that Everton haven't had their first choice back four in place yet, but will very soon, I will be keeping a close eye on them when they line up with

Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines

That on paper is a serious back four, Howard will be on my radar when that back four is in place.

Now back on topic :D I am leaning towards Costa over Augero at the minute but could go either way, Costa may be more of a differential as most are playing a wait and see before getting him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

danganabu wrote: »

I agree to a point but it must be noted that Everton haven't had their first choice back four in place yet, but will very soon, I will be keeping a close eye on them when they line up with

That on paper is a serious back four, Howard will be on my radar when that back four is in place.

Now back on topic :D I am leaning towards Costa over Augero at the minute but could go either way, Costa may be more of a differential as most are playing a wait and see before getting him in.

I doubt you've been watching Howard this season? Fans are very much against him and his form has been very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will probably go with Aguero (once I actually buy him) but am half-tempted by Arnautovic

SantryRed wrote: »
    I doubt you've been watching Howard this season? Fans are very much against him and his form has been very poor.

Completely irrelevant from a FF perspective, he wont be dropped and I expect Everton to be far sounder defensively when that back 4 are in place. As things stand he is the 6th highest scoring keeper with a patched up back 4 in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Completely irrelevant from a FF perspective, he wont be dropped and I expect Everton to be far sounder defensively when that back 4 are in place. As things stand he is the 6th highest scoring keeper with a patched up back 4 in front of him.

How on earth is it completely irrelevant when his poor form will lead to less clean sheets? Also, the only season Everton have been solid under Martinez was the year directly after Moyes had left, he was living off Moyes tactics that year. He cannot set teams up to be defensively solid at all.

• Advertisement

This is not for this thread and we'll just agree to disagree!

It is for this thread. We are discussing how a manager sets up his team in relevance to clean sheets.

Everton had that back four for most of last season and only managed 7 clean sheets. For the price of their defenders, that is poor. Burnley for example managed ten, WBA twelve and Sunderland eleven.

Martinez plays attacking football that looks pretty but puts undue pressure on his defence. As I've often said, I look at managers for clean sheets as much as team personnel and Martinez is not a manager who would encourage me when buying defenders.

I would have no problem captaining Aguero against Everton's defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I doubt he has the 6th highest PPG though. I had Howard for a good while and only benefited from one cleanie, I was not happy with his returns

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I doubt he has the 6th highest PPG though. I had Howard for a good while and only benefited from one cleanie, I was not happy with his returns

There's no way he can have the 6th highest PPG. He lies 7th in total points having played 20 games. Unless the 6 above him have played extra games, which they obviously haven't, he's at best 7th.

DDG right behind him in total points but leap frogs him in PPG. So that's him down to 8th at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I have it on Payet at the moment with Kane as VC.

I know Bournemouth haven't conceded that many but I think Payet could be a good catalyst for West Ham to score a couple of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I have it on Payet at the moment with Kane as VC.

I know Bournemouth haven't conceded that many but I think Payet could be a good catalyst for West Ham to score a couple of goals.

The best options are usually the obvious ones ie not Payet :P Too soon and will lose loads of ground if the popular options score highly. Gotta play it safe and play the percentages when it comes to captaincy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

It'll be one of either Costa or Aguero - whichever one I buy this week. Right now I'm thinking Costa. Chelsea were very good against Palace and I think this is their turning point; I expect plenty of goals from them until the end of the season. I wasn't terribly impressed by Aguero last game. He's still not 100% back.

Obviously he could do a lot of damage and Everton have been leaky. However, I'd say it'll be Costa and I'll wait another week to bring Aguero in for Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kane home to Leicster! Goals galore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Rooney (c) vs. Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

With Costa doubtful, I'm switching to Kane.

Advertisement