Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits 1916

Options
  • 01-01-2016 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Why isn't this on the iplayer? All programs funded by rte should be accessible through the rate player

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

It is. I watched it today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    It is. I watched it today.

I'm lookin through the player via the UPC box, maybe that's the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »

Thanks for the link but can't access it through the UPC box

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

loved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Easily one of the TV highlights of 2015, even if it was cutting it close! How RTE aren't giving the lads the go ahead to make whatever they want is madness. Everything they touch turns to gold!

Anyone know when it's been repeated?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Monday night I think but as others have said it's up on the player now

• Registered Users Posts: 81,183 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Monday night at 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Enjoyed it immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Yea I thought it was great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Good to see The Trout of No Craic make an appearance too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

One of the funniest things on tv for a long time. Really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Really good stuff. They're just smart funny f*ckers the pair of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I like the puppets they were ****ing hilarious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen an RTE comedy production receive unanimous praise on a thread here and no one has mentioned the license fee yet :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I had gone off the rubberbandits previously but this was hilarious. There's not much on rte player I'd watch but this was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen an RTE comedy production receive unanimous praise on a thread here and no one has mentioned the license fee yet :eek:

*grumble grumble* License fee well spent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is it better than Al Porter show?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is it better than Al Porter show?
    different league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's on again right now. Best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭griffin100

Surprisingly good with some very astute and clever observations. You could nearly show that to school kids it's that educational. That said still can't get Brian Boru holding Cromwell in a headlock or the thoughts of Devalera's speed mickey out of my head.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought it was great but they did repeat that nonsense about DeValera getting off because he was born in America. The truth is he wasn't important enough.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I was very surprised, I thought it wasn't going to be half as good as it was. Very much liked the digs they gave when reading out the constitution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

I thought it was very funny. But it's limited. It's just the lads d!cking around.

While I know it's not a documentary, it presents a very dubious account of Irish history. Unlike the poster above, I'd be horrified if children were encouraged watch it! It skimmed over De Velera's misogyny (he was the only commander not to allow women to fight in his battalion), ignores the morality of a small group of men (one of whom was Scottish, one of whom was a fanatic and paedophile) unilaterally "claiming the allegiance" of the Irish people and perpetuates the old myth that the Brits were meanies for executing the leaders for actions that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of civilians and the complete destruction of parts of Dublin, at a time when tens of thousands of Irishmen were fighting in France. Again, not a documentary, but it can't be excused of presenting the simistic narrative of that period that somehow still survives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

qweerty wrote: »
    I thought it was very funny. But it's limited. It's just the lads d!cking around.

While I know it's not a documentary, it presents a very dubious account of Irish history. Unlike the poster above, I'd be horrified if children were encouraged watch it! It skimmed over De Velera's misogyny (he was the only commander not to allow women to fight in his battalion), ignores the morality of a small group of men (one of whom was Scottish, one of whom was a fanatic and paedophile) unilaterally "claiming the allegiance" of the Irish people and perpetuates the old myth that the Brits were meanies for executing the leaders for actions that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of civilians and the complete destruction of parts of Dublin, at a time when tens of thousands of Irishmen were fighting in France. Again, not a documentary, but it can't be excused of presenting the simistic narrative of that period that somehow still survives.

The D in Michael D Higgins doesn't stand for dancing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Michael Diggins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Great documentary, everybody should be made watch this. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

ignores the morality of a small group of men (one of whom was Scottish, one of whom was a fanatic and a paedophile)

Ok I'll bite as I've never heard this before... who was (allegedly) a kiddy fiddler?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

Lights On wrote: »
    The D in Michael D Higgins doesn't stand for dancing either.

Such wit! I bet you're the smarty pants in your class.

ignores the morality of a small group of men (one of whom was Scottish, one of whom was a fanatic and a paedophile)

Ok I'll bite as I've never heard this before... who was (allegedly) a kiddy fiddler?

It's accepted in almost all quarters that Pearse was a latent paedophile.

Advertisement