Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW20 captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Giroud!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Captaining whoever is the poll leader

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Are we worried about Arsenal rotation?

Wenger
    Certainly we will rotate again. Everybody else in the squad against Bournemouth should be available.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151230/team-news-flamini-alexis-and-arteta

FFS have Walcott on the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If I had the balls to I'd pick Walcott again but I'm back to going with the FFS poll.

It's hard to comprehend how Walcott didn't score the other evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Ozil (c), Kane (vc) for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Ozil (c), Mahrez (vc).

Ozil running away with it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Aguero again for the third week in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dónal wrote: »
    Is the Newcastle game televised? :pac:

Snip.

Don't post ways of accessing games you normally can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I should really do Ozil but that ****er Giroud had quite a few chances against Bournemouth so I may stick with him again. Could do Mahrez too but I think fatigue has caught up with him in recent performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ozil. No doubt in my mind so no last minute change of heart this time (not that it worked out too badly on Monday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Ozil or Giroud. Though the devil on my shoulder is telling me to take another punt on Kun :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Aguero again for the third week in a row.

Your faith has to pay off eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sssssh! You should've pm'd that

Also i thinkthe point of the original question is that Newcastle have played well when live on TV this season. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FHFC wrote: »
    Also i thinkthe point of the original question is that Newcastle have played well when live on TV this season. :D

They are live on tv somewhere in the world;)

I'm sticking with Ozil as captain.He's been involved in all things attacking wise with Arsenal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sssssh! You should've pm'd that

Please report it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wombatman wrote: »
    Are we worried about Arsenal rotation?

Wenger

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151230/team-news-flamini-alexis-and-arteta

FFS have Walcott on the bench!

FFS don't have any more information than we do. The Guardian has Walcott in their starting lineup, FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ozil. Playing safe this week though would love another punt on Theo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ozil. Playing safe this week though would love another punt on Theo.

What % would u put on Walcott starting. Im thinking he has to start as bar giroud there isn't any other consistent goal threat available to them. Ox and Campbell in the wide positions wouldnt be great.

What % would u put on Walcott starting. Im thinking he has to start as bar giroud there isn't any other consistent goal threat available to them. Ox and Campbell in the wide positions wouldnt be great.

I'd be 95% positive he will start, can't see how Wenger could afford not to start him. Ox hasn't scored a league goal in something like 15 months and Campbell, while a hard worker, doesn't offer the kind of threat Theo is capable of. I'm sure Wenger will be mindful too that he needs to build up his sharpness ahead of the tricky games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd be 95% positive he will start, can't see how Wenger could afford not to start him. Ox hasn't scored a league goal in something like 15 months and Campbell, while a hard worker, doesn't offer the kind of threat Theo is capable of. I'm sure Wenger will be mindful too that he needs to build up his sharpness ahead of the tricky games coming up.

That's what I'm thinking he is as close as they have to sanchez in regard to goal threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I agree with Extra Gravy. As an Arsenal fan myself, I would nearly go as to say it's guaranteed. Campbell, Ox and Giroud (slight chance) have a chance of being rotated, but Theo should be fine. I hate saying something is guaranteed as I'll always be afraid it will bite me back! :pac:

What Wenger means about rotation is Monreal back starting, perhaps Kos and Gabriel at back, Ramsey and either Flamini or Chambers in midfield and a toss up between Campbell and Ox.

I'm 90% certain I'll captain Walcott again.

Newcastle's defence aren't exactly pacy (apart from Mbemba) from what I know. Plus they are going to be missing Anita who along with Colback has been credited with helping tighten them up and protect the defence. Tiote will probably come in who is a bit if a kicker iirc.

Leicester beat them 3-0 and they couldn't cope with Vardy at his peak.

On Arsenal while Ozil pulls all the strings the ball he looked for every time against Bournemouth was to the run of Theo, as Lemlin referred to, it defies all logic that he didnt score a couple. If Arsenal and Ozil go with that tactic again he'll get more chances.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm 90% certain I'll captain Walcott again.

Newcastle's defence aren't exactly pacy (apart from Mbemba) from what I know. Plus they are going to be missing Anita who along with Colback has been credited with helping tighten them up and protect the defence. Tiote will probably come in who is a bit if a kicker iirc.

Leicester beat them 3-0 and they couldn't cope with Vardy at his peak.

On Arsenal while Ozil pulls all the strings the ball he looked for every time against Bournemouth was to the run of Theo, as Lemlin referred to, it defies all logic that he didnt score a couple. If Arsenal and Ozil go with that tactic again he'll get more chances.

I really want to captain him again but am in the top 25k now and I don't know if it's the worth the risk of losing further ground if he blanks again. Then again, if he explodes I could make massive gains. The sooner Aguero becomes Aguero again and ends these captaincy dilemmas the better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm going with Ozil this gameweek. My captaincy choices have been largely horrendous for many weeks now and have cost me, so I'm taking a back to basics approach and captaining the man who is running away with the polls.

I'd love to go with Aguero (again) though!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭KrakityJones

Going Ozil and very very tempted to blow my triple captain card on him, reckon Arsenal will run away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sticking with Giroud but all this talk of Theo is making me want to bring him in just for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Your faith has to pay off eventually!

In my eyes he's the best player in the league when fit. Not going to miss a big haul which could happen in any game. Ozil doesn't scare me and I've dont have the Vardez anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ozil

'Baaaaaaaa!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Has anyone else fully committed to Walcott cause I have and I'm scared

• Advertisement

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Has anyone else fully committed to Walcott cause I have and I'm scared

Am at 90%. It was very unlucky not to pay off last GW.

Scared of Ozil at 47% in FFS poll.

But fukit. Need to go on the offensive from 850k.

If i was highly ranked then owning him would be differential enough.

Advertisement