Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average price of ( Hex Dumbbells ) per kg?

Options
  • 29-12-2015 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

How much per kg would a pair of dumbbells cost to be considered a bargain?
    Currently looking to buy a set from 1-30kg, and looking for people with a decent knowledge who've bought and sold these before?

I'm looking to use them at home, thanks and definitely re sell them in a few years time! Cheers:D

Comments

I'm no fitness expert, and I'm no pricing expert, so take my post with a grain of salt (or healthier equivalent) until someone else a bit more clued-in comes along.

When you say 1-30, do you mean 30 pairs of dumbbells, staggering upwards? If it's for home use, that's madness. You'd be much better off with a few cast iron plates and a pair of handles for them (or two or three pairs of handles, to avoid having to keep changing the weights around).

If that's what you want, D8 have it for under a grand: http://www.d8fitness.com/product/hex-dumbbell-set-2-5kg-30kg/

(But for that money you could get so much more, varied gear, and kit out a fairly serious home gym).

But anyway, second hand prices for weights are silly, so better off buying new. I'd say the going rate seems to be between €2-3 per kg for hex dumbbells?

Random examples online: a 10kg paired set costs you...

FundraisingFightNights (adverts.ie): €40
    Fitness Equipment Ireland: €45
    D8 Fitness: €50
    Sean White Fitness Supplies: €80

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You're looking at about a grand.

If you google "hex dumbbell set" on donedeal you'll find a fair few people offering em.

Somewhere in the €2-3/kg range is standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

I'm no fitness expert, and I'm no pricing expert, so take my post with a grain of salt (or healthier equivalent) until someone else a bit more clued-in comes along.

When you say 1-30, do you mean 30 pairs of dumbbells, staggering upwards? If it's for home use, that's madness. You'd be much better off with a few cast iron plates and a pair of handles for them (or two or three pairs of handles, to avoid having to keep changing the weights around).

If that's what you want, D8 have it for under a grand: http://www.d8fitness.com/product/hex-dumbbell-set-2-5kg-30kg/

(But for that money you could get so much more, varied gear, and kit out a fairly serious home gym).

But anyway, second hand prices for weights are silly, so better off buying new. I'd say the going rate seems to be between €2-3 per kg for hex dumbbells?

Random examples online: a 10kg paired set costs you...

FundraisingFightNights (adverts.ie): €40
    Fitness Equipment Ireland: €45
    D8 Fitness: €50
    Sean White Fitness Supplies: €80

Thanks for taking your time and typing some useful information but what i meant was like pairs:
    2kg pairs
    5kg pairs
    etc
    I'm sorry as that's want i'm looking for but really do appreciate your post though and hopefully someone else might find this information you posted useful, thanks!

Advertisement