Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WestWood Leopardstown Parking on Race Day

Options
  • 29-12-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Is it just me or is the parking in WestWood Leopardstown on a race day a joke? I drove there today to go to the gym as usual and was told I needed to park in Carpark E, as it turned out this was a 10 minute walk away over the M50. When I got there I was met with what turned out to be some gravel in a field, the road had huge pot holes in it and the mud was really deep.

I did one lap and came back to ask if there was anywhere else I could park as I had already scooped up mud on the front of my car as it is lowered. The teenager I asked (mistake) was quite rude and told me if I park anywhere else that I will be towed... He also mentioned that the car park outside was for "members" when I said I was a "member" I was told that that he did not mean a WestWood member he meant members of the horse racing club...

I returned home quite pissed off and will be driving to WestWood Sandymount later. I must say that the whole experience was really bad. I pay €75 every month for membership to WestWood clubs and to be treated as badly as I was today was quite a shock. It really feels that on race days WestWood members get shafted with the parking.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What did management of the gym say when you called them up on the phone to talk about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mccluska

Is that some sort of passive aggressive reply? Anyway I emailed them about the situation and will talk to the manager in person tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

mccluska wrote: »
    Is that some sort of passive aggressive reply? Anyway I emailed them about the situation and will talk to the manager in person tomorrow.

Yah, exactly like your post actually... :D

Ill post how I get on tomorrow, or about a reply to my mail. Has anyone else had any experiences with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

AFAIK any issue with parking isn't the fault of the gym owners but rather with Leopardstown on whose land the gym is.

It's been to court

• Advertisement

Thanks yea I was reading that today. Back in 2013, Smyth I believe. The whole situation is sub optimal to say the least on race days. Normally it's grand tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You might be able to recall that strongly worded email yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

In fairness there's only about 12 race days per year that cause disruption. The gym is in a race course so it should be expected.

And your complaining about walking 10 minutes to the gym. Think of it as a warm up.,,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well I'd understand members perceiving it as a serious inconvenience tbh. I'd also suggest a gym should take the responsibility to inform members of that sort of disruption well in advance of the days it occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

AFAIK any issue with parking isn't the fault of the gym owners but rather with Leopardstown on whose land the gym is.

It's been to court

This is correct. WW did everything they could to change this rule but no joy.

There are 23 racing days per year. These are publicized well in advance and if a member didn't know about them, they only have themselves to blame.

There is a private WW shuttle bus every 10 mins for members which drops to the door too.

Go the leopardstown.com to get a full list of fixtures and stay at home those days.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replys guys, I've been a member of WW Clontarf for the past few years and only recently moved to this club. I'll probably just training in Sandymount on those days. The shuttle is handy but still requires me to leave my car in a muddy field. Thanks again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

I think your over reacting mccluska. As said just look at it as a warm up to the gym. Sure its only a bit of dirt on the car just clean it

Advertisement