Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we being robbed for razor blades in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Orion wrote: »
    About 90 initial investment for a mixed set of 50 blades, a decent razor, brush, shaving cream. After that blades cost about 16c each if you buy in bulk - 50 Astra blades about €8. Much better shave than any cartridge razor and it's enjoyable to shave. Bought most of my kit from shaving.ie, some from Knights in Stephen's Green. Found some other stores in the UK and US that seem good too but yet to use them.

Thank you fellow Pastafarian! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

agree the fusion power i bought just before xmas are now down to 1 shave left then bin.
    my advice is dont buy those crappy blades as not long lasting and 3-4 shaves only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

greasepalm wrote: »
    agree the fusion power i bought just before xmas are now down to 1 shave left then bin.
    my advice is dont buy those crappy blades as not long lasting and 3-4 shaves only.

And still work out cheaper. Aldi 3 blade refill is dirt cheap and lasts me fine. 90% of price difference is paying for name and marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Just paid €19 for Fusion blades 4 pack in Amsterdam so to answer OP they appear to be hideously expensive in other places also.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,644 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Lidl 5 blade razors are brilliant and last longer than the Fusion blades. Cost 4.99 for 5 heads too so much cheaper. Fair play to Lidl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement