Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Predictions 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

HW: Werdum (Jones if he makes the move up)
    LHW: Jones to beat DC (DC to become champ again if Jones goes up)
    MW: Rockhold to remain champ throughout the year
    WW: Think Condit may become champ but Lawlor/MacDonald finishes the year as champ
    LW: Khabib if he's fully healthy (McGregor if he moves up)
    FW: McGregor (Edgar beats Aldo if belt vacated)
    BW: Cruz to beat TJ, possible super fight with Demetrious Johnson
    FLW: DJ, remains champ here (never heard about him moving up like some here said but that's the only place he'll be challenged)
    WBW: Holm
    WSW: JJ

HW: Cain to take his belt back and go on to beat Arlovski/Miocic
    LHW: Jones also to get his belt back and to go on to beat whoever's next
    MW: Rockhold to hold his new belt for a long time
    WW: Condit to finally get his deserved belt and to have a few successful defences
    LW: McGregor to make his way there stay put
    FW: Edgar to beat Aldo for the vacant belt
    BW: Dillashaw to beat Cruz and Cruz to retire from injuries. Dillashaw to stay champ
    FLW: DJ to dominate that division until he decides to move up

WBW: This one throws me, I can see Ronda getting her belt back tbh
    WSW: Gonna say Namajunas to get the belt before 2016 is over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

HW: Werdrum
    LHW: Jones. Beating Cormier. Perhaps even then moving to heavyweight
    MW: Rockhold. Beating Weidman and in rematch + any other contenders.
    WW: Maia by the end of the year.
    LW: McGregor beats Dos Anjos and holds both belts at once.
    FW: McGregor to defend against Frankie.
    BW: Dillashaw to beat Cruz. Faber will beat Dillashaw. More of a wish though.
    FLW: Mighty Mouse will stay put and dominate.
    WBW: Holm holds her belt. Ko's Rousey again who retires.
    WSW: Namajunas by the end of 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

ASOT wrote: »
    He said to my mate he will fight in April, exactly what Kavanagh has said also so him v Frankie at 200 in July would be possible..

That's a ridiculous time line to be fair. So he would fight RDA at his walking around weight and be much smaller? Then hopefully come away with no injuries take one month off before starting another 8 week camp. If he was to add some mass for the RDA then he would have to lose it all to make 145.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ASOT wrote: »
    HW: McGregor
    LHW: McGregor
    MW: McGregor
    WW: McGregor
    LW: McGregor
    FW: McGregor
    BW: McGregor
    FLW: McGregor
    WBW: McGregor
    WSW: McGregor
    The Ultimate McGregor Championship! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Bit of a random prediction but after Duffys loss last night I see him going on a three fight win streak in 2016, finishing the year ranked #5. I see McGregor moving up to lightweight, beating RDA but then missing a few months with injury and losing his belt to Khabib late 2016.

I then see a no.1 contender fight between Duffy and McGregor in Croke park early 2017.

Yeah, I had a few beers last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Bit of a random prediction but after Duffys loss last night I see him going on a three fight win streak in 2016, finishing the year ranked #5. I see McGregor moving up to lightweight, beating RDA but then missing a few months with injury and losing his belt to Khabib late 2016.

I then see a no.1 contender fight between Duffy and McGregor in Croke park early 2017.

He is beating nobody in the division without significant improvement in his take down defence,anyone in the top 10 would beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Easy Rod wrote: »

Few beers last night or few beers just now? Haha. Joe has a lot of work to do to make top 5. He's miles off RDA, khabib, Pettis, diaz and McG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He came in light for this fight, and Firas was already talking about him cutting down, after seeing how DP manhandled him I think it's a given that he will be going down to 145. Also if he stood in front of McGregor with his hands down like he did last night he wouldn't be standing for very long. Bit of a weird fight, the hype train was well a truly derailed. Imagine what the sport would be like right now if that happened to McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

HW: Cain. I think without gassing he beats Werdum.
    LHW: Bones. I don't see him going up, not this year anyway.
    MW: Rockhold. He beats Romero or Jacare. No one else is close. A fight with Maia would need to go to the ground quick for Maia to have any chance.
    WW: McDonald. I can see him getting another shot by the end of the year and winning.
    LW: McGregor. Torn on this one (and featherweight), but I think Conor will beat RDA. Optimistic I know, but I think he has the tools. I think it will be 2017 before Khabib gets his shot.
    FW: Frankie. He'll beat Aldo/Holloway for the vacated belt (They won't let Conor keep it when/if Conor moves to Lightweight)
    BW: TJ. I think TJ will beat Cruz. He would also destroy Faber. Too soon for Almeida.
    FLW: DJ. If goes up he will lose (against TJ/Cruz)
    WBW: Holm. Unless she gets sloppy she beats Ronda again.
    WSW: Joanna. She has improved since her last fight with Claudia. And I think its too soon for Rose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »
    He is beating nobody in the division without significant improvement in his take down defence,anyone in the top 10 would beat him.

He's in a good gym for TDD at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My prediction is that McGregor does NOT fight for the LW title in 2016. Fairly surprised at the volume of people that think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Well Dana has said that if Conor goes up to LW he will get a title shot as his first fight and Conor has indicated that he wants it. Not aware of anything stopping him getting the fight in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Few beers last night or few beers just now? Haha. Joe has a lot of work to do to make top 5. He's miles off RDA, khabib, Pettis, diaz and McG.

Ha, the idea came to me while watching his fight the other night and I decided to stick with it last night.

I think after the Aldo fight people will take Conor's striking a lot more seriously and will look to basically copy what Dustin did to Joe, grab a limb and drag it to the ground.

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think after the Aldo fight people will take Conor's striking a lot more seriously and will look to basically copy what Dustin did to Joe, grab a limb and drag it to the ground.

I think if it was that simple then everyone would've tried that already. Mendes managed it but If you believe what you hear, Conor had an 80% torn ACL going into that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I think if it was that simple then everyone would've tried that already. Mendes managed it but If you believe what you hear, Conor had an 80% torn ACL going into that fight.

Mendes is also an exceptionally talented wrestler. Fair play to Conor for the performance he put in against him with an 80% ACL tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

HW: Miocic
    LHW: Jones
    MW: Rockhold
    WW: Lawler
    LW: McGregor (if he goes up) if not Ferguson if he gets a shot at it.
    FW: McGregor (if he goes to LW Aldo)
    BW: Cruz ( Just to early for Almeida, don't think DJ will go up yet)
    FLW: DJ
    WSW: Joanna

HW: Werdum
    LHW: Jones
    MW: Rockhold
    WW: Condit
    LW: RDA
    FW: Edgar
    FLW: TJ
    WSW: Claudia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

JJayoo wrote: »

Interesting thing to note, Aldo's camp members told members of the media after 194 that Aldo's plan was to wrestle Conor for 5 rounds if needs be. Didn't want to stand with him at all.

• Advertisement

HW: Cain to take his belt back and go on to beat Arlovski/Miocic
    LHW: Jones also to get his belt back and to go on to beat whoever's next
    MW: Rockhold to hold his new belt for a long time
    WW: Condit to finally get his deserved belt and to have a few successful defences
    LW: McGregor to make his way there stay put
    FW: Edgar to beat Aldo for the vacant belt
    BW: Dillashaw to beat Cruz and Cruz to retire from injuries. Dillashaw to stay champ
    FLW: DJ to dominate that division until he decides to move up

WBW: This one throws me, I can see Ronda getting her belt back tbh
    WSW: Gonna say Namajunas to get the belt before 2016 is over

Not doing too well so far this year on these predictions :D

Not doing too well so far this year on these predictions

Well done on the DJ prediction though! ;)

callaway92 wrote: »
    My prediction is that McGregor does NOT fight for the LW title in 2016. Fairly surprised at the volume of people that think he will.

Should be safe now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Should be safe now :p

The RDA match must have been announced about a week after that

Mellor wrote: »
    The RDA match must have been announced about a week after that

Did he fight for the belt?????? That's what I wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Did he fight for the belt?????? That's what I wrote.
    I'm aware, I'm not saying he fought for the belt.

You predicted it wouldn't happen. As it was all talk.
    They booked the fight soon after.
    RDA Pulled out.

You prediction will probably stay correct (his next fight is 145) but not for the reason you were suggesting.
    Or maybe I'm misreading the tone if your post, and you were predicting RDA wouldn't turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Well if I had to pick two certs id have picked mighty mouse and rock to hold belts for a very long time
    This sport has become impossible to predict

Advertisement