Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watford v Tottenham

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Lads this win is absolutely massive. The impact this will have for the second half of the season I reckon will be huge.

Sort of difference between 4th and 5th IMO. Not many teams are going to come here and leave with 3 points. Massive win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some win,tough game to get through but we did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Hard luck Watford but Yesss

Up to third with currently the best goal difference in the league.

Keep those wins coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

1451321372827.png

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Jaysus that's a close call :eek:
    They went against us over the years. thank fcuk for the new technology :D

Great win, well done lads....nice to see a different system, COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Now do I cheer on Bournemouth against the Arse, or watch LVG disappear down the United plughole, decisions, decisions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Was Son offside twice for the winner? Looked like it, not that I care though :)

Offside for the first one

I'll take a scrappy performance and a good result every time from now til the title lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Gomes owes us that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Offside for the first one

I'll take a scrappy performance and a good result every time from now til the title lads

absolutely :D

Inquitus wrote: »
    Now do I cheer on Bournemouth against the Arse, or watch LVG disappear down the United plughole, decisions, decisions.....

do both obviously ;):cool: coys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

A goal and over 10km covered by Lamela today.

1451321372827.png

missed that in real time every stream i got froze at the worse time :o

world class save from hugo :cool: up to 3rd we go:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Massive massive 3 points. All of a sudden we are a win from top of the table.

You gotta be shouting for united here? Van Gaal is a train wreck so a stay of execution will be good for us and it will all but knock Chelsea out of the running bar a miracle run of form...

ziedth wrote: »
    Massive massive 3 points. All of a sudden we are a win from top of the table.

You gotta be shouting for united here? Van Gaal is a train wreck so a stay of execution will be good for us and it will all but knock Chelsea out of the running bar a miracle run of form...

A draw would do nicely, can't being myself to want a Chelsea win

A draw would do nicely, can't being myself to want a Chelsea win

definitely the better result for us .. 5 mins left 0-0 chelski making manpoo look like barcelona :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Best defence in the league, +18 goal difference and in third place. Please do not wake me up from this beautiful dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone see the full game... Sky sports awarded Trippier motm.

Anyone see the full game... Sky sports awarded Trippier motm.

He had a very good performance, ran the wing well and no **** ups, it's great to have another option to keep Walker on his toes fighting for his place

• Advertisement

He had a very good performance, ran the wing well and no **** ups, it's great to have another option to keep Walker on his toes fighting for his place

His crossing was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Yip Trippier crosses like a winger not a defender, he ain't the biggest but looks strong

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Was watching the game in a random bar in Budapest with my girlfriend (a new tota supporter :)) ) - the only ones watching spurs! - when son scored I just erupted into screams of delirium ha ha. I'm not sure what the locals thought...lol.. No better way to win a match.

As for the game, interesting shape and selection. Trippier was good but just that. He is a better crosser than walker but I thought he was along with rose a weakness defensive wise. The three of dier, alder and verts did well enough but they didn't look comfortable enough for me. Watfords goal shouldn't have happened! I thought it was diers poorest game in a while but what a tackle at the death. I have been waiting years to see spurs players throw their bodies on the line. Brilliant.

Lamely was really good, worked so hard and great finish! Carroll in and out of game but showed well and sees a pass. Kane was good too. Led the line but he is tiring which is a worry. Hoping dembele not too bad - need him in there.

Wasn't the prettiest game on an awful pitch! But these games are literally for winning!

A chance at the title - with my eyes closed I'm looking at the table in case I start believing. But what I do like is that this spurs squad is united and are fighting for each other - see how they celebrated. And the way walker was celebrating with son after the game too - class. We have a chance for sure which will be enhanced if we buy wisely striker wise in January. But for now I want us to cement ourselves in the top four and if we do and find ourselves with a couple of points of top come end March then I will really believe that just maybe we can..... COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

What a massive win.

What was the change in system then? De we play 3 at the back?

MrKingsley wrote: »
    What a massive win.

What was the change in system then? De we play 3 at the back?

Yes, we played 3 at the back to combat their 4-4-2. It seemed to work except for the calamity of the goal although I suspect we'd not trained much for it.

Advertisement