Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 Captain

Options
  • 26-12-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Have it on Ozil right now with Lukaku vice. I don't see Wenger rotating much besides Campbell/Flamini after that shocking display

Who are you captaining? 160 votes

Ozil (BOU)
    0% 0 votes
    Ramsey (BOU)
    36% 59 votes
    Giroud (BOU)
    3% 6 votes
    Walcott (BOU)
    8% 13 votes
    Lukaku (STO)
    8% 14 votes
    Mahrez (MCI)
    5% 8 votes
    Vardy (MCI)
    1% 3 votes
    KDB (lei)
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero (lei)
    4% 7 votes
    Ighalo (TOT)
    13% 21 votes
    Kane (wat)
    3% 6 votes
    Other
    14% 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I have it on Ozil too. Mahrez vice. With Kompany injured again I can see Leicester scoring a few, so I may switch it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can see myself bringing in Walcott and captaining him. If it's good enough for busts, it's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Can see myself bringing in Walcott and captaining him. If it's good enough for busts, it's good enough for me.

I'll have to sleep on it but it's still looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane or Ighalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

So far kane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Ozil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Ozil I think? Might be a pretty quite gameweek, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Going for KDB captain after today's display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Was considering doing the whole transfer in and captain thing with Walcott, but I need to start playing safe for the moment to try and regain my OR, which has plummeted in recent weeks. Don't think I saw enough from him today to captain him either, but I accept this will be a totally different game. Don't really want to captain ozil either though, even though he seems like the safest option. Aguero is very risky after today but I think city could put the foot down against a tired looking Leicester side. That said city will concede so one of Vardez is an option. Need to sleep on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

Got the last few capt horribly wrong. Kdb for me this week and I'm sticking to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Was considering doing the whole transfer in and captain thing with Walcott, but I need to start playing safe for the moment to try and regain my OR, which has plummeted in recent weeks. Don't think I saw enough from him today to captain him either, but I accept this will be a totally different game. Don't really want to captain ozil either though, even though he seems like the safest option. Aguero is very risky after today but I think city could put the foot down against a tired looking Leicester side. That said city will concede so one of Vardez is an option. Need to sleep on it

Like this Walcott or Agüero....one will be capt and the other vice for sure.

FHFC wrote: »
    Like this Walcott or Agüero....one will be capt and the other vice for sure.

Seems risky but I will do it. Going to cut my losses on Henderson i think and bring in Theo. Don't want him long term but he can be a good placeholder for Sanchez. Walcott now gets the nod due to the seal of approval from the posters above. I think there's goals for Aguero on Monday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Seems risky but I will do it. Going to cut my losses on Henderson i think and bring in Theo. Don't want him long term but he can be a good placeholder for Sanchez. Walcott now gets the nod due to the seal of approval from the posters above. I think there's goals for Aguero on Monday though.

Tuesday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Gotta be Aguero or Kane for me. Lukaku wont be getting a lot of chances vs Stoke. Lei are a dead duck now so I expect City to run riot. Spurs are impressive but tough game coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Aguero isn't fully fit still, Pellegrini said as much. I mean he didnt even want to bring him on in a dead game to increase his fitness.

Would never captain Ozil either tbh, spoken as an Arsenal fan. Doesn't score goals so there will usually always be a higher scorer.

Kane or Lukaku for me.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Aguero isn't fully fit still, Pellegrini said as much. I mean he didnt even want to bring him on in a dead game to increase his fitness.

Would never captain Ozil either tbh, spoken as an Arsenal fan. Doesn't score goals so there will usually always be a higher scorer.

Kane or Lukaku for me.

He would have come on if kompany wasn't injured.

Tuesday ;)

Hmmmm... Another reason to captain him perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Ye same here, went for Aguero GW 18 and then forgot to check whether he's actually starting so ended up with my 4 Mahrez points. Disaster but wouldn't have much more than that in any case. No idea what to do for GW 19, bring Kane back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Coutinho against an awful Sunderland side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

He would have come on if kompany wasn't injured.

Pellegrini said he had a 'small problem' so they felt there was no need for risks at 3-0 up. Hopes he is 100% for the Leicester game.

I won't be scrambling for Aguero anyway, been burned twice this season already by him. Lad is a crock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Still don't have Aguero. I have exactly enough in the bank to bring him in, if required, but first let's see how he gets on this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've a feeling big Sam will do a number on them. He picked a team yesterday with Liverpool in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Gotta be Aguero or Kane for me. Lukaku wont be getting a lot of chances vs Stoke. Lei are a dead duck now so I expect City to run riot. Spurs are impressive but tough game coming up

A dead duck?? It was their 2nd defeat of the season!

City also aren't exactly setting the world alight away from home either.

I'm not keen on Ozil as his upside is limited due to lack of goals, but he is probably my best option this week as Lukaku faces the unbeatable Butland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

If I knew Walcott was nailed on to start I would transfer in and captain him. Chamberlain is one of the few players Wenger can realistically rotate in and Walcott has such history with injuries it would make sense if he was rested (although Wenger is on record as saying he'd like to rest Ozil and Ramsey is made of glass too).

Also have a gut feeling Coutinho could score big - Sunderland are awful and he has been attempting plenty of shots in last few games.

Currently have it on Aguero cos he's Aguero but not confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have the armband on Giroud - it's my first time owning him so hoping for a backlash after the Southampton thrashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Aguero,leicester looked tired and Aguero will start and get 60 mins at least,he played against Arsenal and was tested for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Liverpool aren't exactly a free scoring team, I wouldn't see him getting more than a single goal or assist. Think there are better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Benteke anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

If I knew Walcott was nailed on to start I would transfer in and captain him. Chamberlain is one of the few players Wenger can realistically rotate in and Walcott has such history with injuries it would make sense if he was rested (although Wenger is on record as saying he'd like to rest Ozil and Ramsey is made of glass too). .

Doesn't his "early" subbing make him a better candidate to start the game tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »
    Doesn't his "early" subbing make him a better candidate to start the game tomorrow?

If only it was a bit earlier.

Advertisement