Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

FINAL WHISTLE CROSSWORD 2015

  • 22-12-2015 12:16pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭


    Almost completed. will pass on any if required by viewers. Here's what I have left
    :
    Any help appreciated


    47ac "initially a club for Ireland's off-road bikers" (1,1,1,1) T??C
    87ac "Cork's celestial masters of the hoop" (7) ?E???N?
    64dn "Loss, shortfall" (7) ?E?I???



«13

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    NEPTUNE
    DEFICIT


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    clue: THIS BOOK IS FAR FROM BEING A SLOWLY RUN ACTIVITY (5,7,6)

    Answer: ??T?L V?C?O?Y ??T?L


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    vinpaul wrote: »
    Almost completed. will pass on any if required by viewers. Here's what I have left
    :
    Any help appreciated


    47ac "initially a club for Ireland's off-road bikers" (1,1,1,1) T??C
    87ac "Cork's celestial masters of the hoop" (7) ?E???N?
    64dn "Loss, shortfall" (7) ?E?I???


    TORC


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    nothing confidential about this sub (4,7)

    ***N L*O*A**


  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul


    John LEONARD ( Dublin fOOTBALLER)


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    clue: THIS BOOK IS FAR FROM BEING A SLOWLY RUN ACTIVITY (5,7,6)

    Answer: ??T?L V?C?O?Y A??A?S


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    86a did Paul feature with Dalton on the Eagles Desperado (6)

    45d He Gave a clumsy nod to Aintree (4,6)

    79a A declaration but we promise its not in cricket (4)

    Cant get my head around these...:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman


    bazza1 wrote: »
    86a did Paul feature with Dalton on the Eagles Desperado (6)

    45d He Gave a clumsy nod to Aintree (4,6)

    79a A declaration but we promise its not in cricket (4)

    Cant get my head around these...:D

    86 across: Doolin (Doolin/Dalton is a song on the album Desperado),
    45 down: many clouds (anagram of clumsy nod), the horse.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88


    Palbear wrote: »
    clue: THIS BOOK IS FAR FROM BEING A SLOWLY RUN ACTIVITY (5,7,6)

    Answer: ??T?L V?C?O?Y A??A?S

    Until always victory. Book from ex Donegal manager jim McGuinness.

    It's 1ac that I can't get... Sounds like the purpose of south parks early episodes


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    Until always victory. Book from ex Donegal manager jim McGuinness.

    It's 1ac that I can't get... Sounds like the purpose of south parks early episodes

    Kil(l)kenny


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    AMEN IS THE DECLARATION


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    AMEN is not correct


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    AVOW fits but not sure if that's correct either


    does anybody have 83d
    your keeper simply has to get them right (6)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    Palbear wrote: »
    AVOW fits but not sure if that's correct either


    does anybody have 83d
    your keeper simply has to get them right (6)


    Angles?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 robdoran


    I think AVOW is correct.

    Anyone have 112 across: "The openings come from the east on these occasions"

    None of the answers I think of makes any sense.

    Cheers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    robdoran wrote: »
    I think AVOW is correct.

    Anyone have 112 across: "The openings come from the east on these occasions"

    None of the answers I think of makes any sense.

    Cheers.

    Events?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 robdoran


    bazza1 wrote: »
    Events?

    Thanks, I thought of 'events' but I don't understand it and the reference to east.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear


    vents are openings.
    they come after E for East

    e-vents

    or maybe my cryptic logic is warped


  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Abihsot


    91a. Sounds like a bit of a row on the set of Fifth Gear..... (4) _I_F

    Still missing a few, it's been very tough


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    Stuck on this :)
    First for the man who sounds like he could be Robin Hoods trainer (6)

    o?i??r


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    Abihsot wrote: »
    91a. Sounds like a bit of a row on the set of Fifth Gear..... (4) _I_F

    Still missing a few, it's been very tough


    Tiff?


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bressi


    53a oliver


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bressi


    Is 7d north??

    What is 56a V-R--. Jamies a fox


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bressi


    Is 7d north??

    What is 56a V-R--. Jamies a fox


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    bressi wrote: »
    Is 7d north??

    What is 56a V-R--. Jamies a fox

    George North

    Jamie Vardy


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 robdoran


    Palbear wrote: »
    vents are openings.
    they come after E for East

    e-vents

    or maybe my cryptic logic is warped

    Thanks for the explanation, that makes good sense alright!


  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer


    66d, he danced home for ballydoyle in the derby


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1


    66d, he danced home for ballydoyle in the derby
    Nijinsky


  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer


    bazza1 wrote: »
    Nijinsky

    of course,too many pints last nite,thanks


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 scanger


    20A: sounds like this goalkeeper has his own ridge (6)
    34A: this kit would look god in navy (7)


Advertisement