Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I might drop the sauna from my workout

Options
  • 22-12-2015 1:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭

For a while now I've been going to the gym, and then doing the pool and sauna afterwards. I make sure to do this with a reasonably full stomach. In the gym, I bring a nutrigrain and water. I don't use any energy drink. I do the bare minimum on each muscle group and then do about 2 miles on the
    treadmill. Then I do a few lengths of the pool followed by the sauna.

After all this I often feel completely exhausted. And I think it's the sauna that's responsible for that. If you go into the sauna, because it's nice and warm, one might want to stay a while & mightn't realise how tired you are. One must also ask themselves, how tired will they feel by the time gotten home. It's only when I get back to my apartment that I realise that my heart rate is still incredibly fast. All this, as well as the fact that I don't use an energy drink leaves me feeling quite light headed. It gives me a bad feeling towards the front of my head... towards my sinuses. I then need to take a nap. Is this normal after such?

Since I'm not even sure if the sauna is good for you or not, I might just drop it entirely. Most people use the facility for either the gym or the pool and not both. Also, recently there's been a problem with the sauna at my gym... where it's always in the red zone at 82 degrees.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes. I often have low blood pressure and liable to faint. I also use the sauna quite a bit (Finnish sauna, not associated with gym). I dont try and stay in there as long as possible anymore. I dont push it at all. Last time I had a "moment" I was actually coming down with a virus. Could be your problem here.

Also make sure to drink lots of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Do Me Good wrote: »
    For a while now I've been going to the gym, and then doing the pool and sauna afterwards. I make sure to do this with a reasonably full stomach. In the gym, I bring a nutrigrain and water. I don't use any energy drink. I do the bare minimum on each muscle group and then do about 2 miles on the
    treadmill. Then I do a few lengths of the pool followed by the sauna.

After all this I often feel completely exhausted. And I think it's the sauna that's responsible for that. If you go into the sauna, because it's nice and warm, one might want to stay a while & mightn't realise how tired you are. One must also ask themselves, how tired will they feel by the time gotten home. It's only when I get back to my apartment that I realise that my heart rate is still incredibly fast. All this, as well as the fact that I don't use an energy drink leaves me feeling quite light headed. It gives me a bad feeling towards the front of my head... towards my sinuses. I then need to take a nap. Is this normal after such?

Since I'm not even sure if the sauna is good for you or not, I might just drop it entirely. Most people use the facility for either the gym or the pool and not both. Also, recently there's been a problem with the sauna at my gym... where it's always in the red zone at 82 degrees.

Has anyone else experienced this?

How much time do you spend in the sauna?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Do Me Good

fits wrote: »
    Yes. I often have low blood pressure and liable to faint. I also use the sauna quite a bit (Finnish sauna, not associated with gym). I dont try and stay in there as long as possible anymore. I dont push it at all. Last time I had a "moment" I was actually coming down with a virus. Could be your problem here.

Also make sure to drink lots of water.
    Gee, to think people try stay in there as long as possible!

Well it's definitely not anything to do with a virus if you think about it. Unless you're saying that the sauna will make one more susceptible to an already latent virus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Do Me Good

How much time do you spend in the sauna?
    Not too long. I've been trying spend less recently, but I always seem to underestimate it. 4 mins maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Gee, to think people try stay in there as long as possible!

Well it's definitely not anything to do with a virus if you think about it. Unless you're saying that the sauna will make one more susceptible to an already latent virus.

No as in I was already coming down with the virus and fighting it off. nothing to do with sauna only I was less strong than usual

btw they used to have competitions in finland and russia to see who could stay longest in sauna. people died. Its still seen as a bit wussy to be the first to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Not too long. I've been trying spend less recently, but I always seem to underestimate it. 4 mins maybe
    think there is honestly something bigger going on here if that amount of time is leaving you like that.

Whats your current height/weight/age and lay out a typical day of eating

Advertisement