Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Maternity skinny jeans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi and congratulations. I got most of my jeans on the new look website. There is a good variety on their website. I had a pair of top shop under the bump skinnies too but I mostly preferred over the bump for comfort

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a sale on Asos, but loads seem to be sold out already, especially anything I had on my saved list! typical!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You don't really need specific maternity bras as long as your bras fit well at that time. I've gone up 5-6 cup sizes so have had to buy quite a few new bras, but I've just bought whatever is good value on Amazon at any given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    good to know, thanks! I wasn't sure if I should be buying specific bras for maternity! I might be lucky and get away with my normal bras for now. I can get measured at another stage and see if I need to go up a cup. I don't want to be spending money unnecessarily!

No reason to change to maternity as long as your own are comfortable!

I did have to switch to non-wired ones towards the end (I'd previously always worn underwired bras), but my bump was very high. I really don't think there's any difference between maternity bras and normal ones, only thing is it can be more difficult to get non-wired regular ones, if you end up needing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    What about leggings, are normal regular ones ok to wear and where are there good quality ones? I am not one to wear leggings, so not sure I really want to get any

I found h&m the best for leggings. 10e for good quality ones. New looks leggings I found crap. They were too light and see through.
    Normal leggings done me until I got big and they kind of dug in the middle of my bump.
    Now is a good time to shop online because of the sales.
    Maternity wear is so bad here. But u know what. Since I had my baby I see loads of pregnant women in good clothes. Where were they a few months ago when I needed them lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

You do realise that they aren't "skinny" around the bump? And not everyone is affected by water retention.

I do realize they're not skinny around the bump,how did you know I realized that ?

I hope the OP gets her jeans,maybe they can invent skinny jeans for guy's which go around the bump...chuckles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I do realize they're not skinny around the bump,how did you know I realized that ?

I hope the OP gets her jeans,maybe they can invent skinny jeans for guy's which go around the bump...chuckles

Really though, I had water retention towards the start and end of my pregnancy, and even so I very comfortably wore skinny jeans right up to arriving into hospital at 41 weeks, and leaving the hospital too. I just made sure to wear ones that fitted me properly.

Pregnancy isn't an illness, you do need to make different choices with your style of clothing sometimes, but your earlier comment was quite uninformed and inaccurate, in my opinion. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm guessing this isn't even a woman, nevermind someone who has ever even been pregnant...

I'm heading to Cork at the end of this month, thankfully for a few days away, so going to get a few maternity bits while I am there! Is there a maternity section in H&M in Cork city (Opera Lane)? I think seeing as they are the most affordable and very recommended, I'll opt for them as Topshop jeans are a little pricey. I just hope they have a good range!

I still don't need any maternity jeans, but by the end of the month it may be a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

I'm heading to Cork at the end of this month, thankfully for a few days away, so going to get a few maternity bits while I am there! Is there a maternity section in H&M in Cork city (Opera Lane)? I think seeing as they are the most affordable and very recommended, I'll opt for them as Topshop jeans are a little pricey. I just hope they have a good range!

I still don't need any maternity jeans, but by the end of the month it may be a different story!

Ya upstairs top floor only a small section of the shop but different types of jeans.gonna pick up a pair this week.New look is straight across the way and they have a mat section. Also next is there,not sure if the sales are still on in there

• Advertisement

ja1986 wrote: »
    Ya upstairs top floor only a small section of the shop but different types of jeans.gonna pick up a pair this week.New look is straight across the way and they have a mat section. Also next is there,not sure if the sales are still on in there

Great thanks! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kruganomics

+1 for H&M. I found their leggings and jeans great. Over the bump is more comfortable imo. They were handy for a few weeks after the birth too. I didn't bother with pregnancy tops. Long tshirts/ tops are brilliant for when your bump gets bigger. Mothercare and H&M are both good for nursing bras. I found them great both during and after pregnancy. Breastfeeding with a regular underwired bra isn't as comfortable. Congratulations and best of luck with it all!

I ended up not getting the H&M jeans as they barely had any in my size and not in the pairs I wanted. I got a pair in new look in a darkish blue that are a nice fit. I want a black pair too so will need to check out Next as I have a voucher for there anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Seven for all Mankind. I got a pair from Pee in the Pod...they are in Harrods or you can buy directly from the New York store, but you will probably get stung for customs that way. They literally fit like a glove, look amazing and don't look like maternity jeans. The band is super soft and comes up over the bump without being tight at all. Literally best pair of maternity jeans EVER.

Should have said...obviously they can be bought online from Harrods!

Seven for all Mankind. I got a pair from Pee in the Pod...they are in Harrods or you can buy directly from the New York store, but you will probably get stung for customs that way. They literally fit like a glove, look amazing and don't look like maternity jeans. The band is super soft and comes up over the bump without being tight at all. Literally best pair of maternity jeans EVER.

Should have said...obviously they can be bought online from Harrods!

Probably too expensive for my budget, but thanks! :)

The New Look ones I got are a lovely fit and don't even look like maternity. I ended up getting a black pair in Next too! I will need more than two pairs though, I don't think I'll survive wearing the same two pairs for the next 5 months! Maybe when the spring/summer stocks start coming in I might get a khaki pair if I can!

I got a pair of leggings from Topshop, but after 2 wears the seams are freying, so I'm bringing them back. Not impressed, especially as they weren't cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Probably too expensive for my budget, but thanks! :)

The New Look ones I got are a lovely fit and don't even look like maternity. I ended up getting a black pair in Next too! I will need more than two pairs though, I don't think I'll survive wearing the same two pairs for the next 5 months! Maybe when the spring/summer stocks start coming in I might get a khaki pair if I can!

I got a pair of leggings from Topshop, but after 2 wears the seams are freying, so I'm bringing them back. Not impressed, especially as they weren't cheap!

You will still be wearing maternity jeans for a couple of months after you have your baby too. I think it's worth investing in a good pair vs 4 or 5 pairs that will not last. Try Mamas and Papas for good affordable maternity jeans. Good quality and come in various lengths. You can get them online.

You will still be wearing maternity jeans for a couple of months after you have your baby too. I think it's worth investing in a good pair vs 4 or 5 pairs that will not last. Try Mamas and Papas for good affordable maternity jeans. Good quality and come in various lengths. You can get them online.

Unfortunately I can't afford to spend much, even Topshop jeans are too pricey for my budget. I usually buy jeans from Penney's which after a LOT of wears are still in great condition, so I'll be ok with cheaper jeans. If my local Penney's had maternity jeans I'd probably just be buying them!

Advertisement