Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just can't get this woman out of my head

Options
  • 20-12-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Need help, No smartass B.S... I am in a bit of a pickle, I have fallen hook line and sinker for a woman at work, I know for a fact she feels the same as we spoke about it at the notorious Xmas party and yes shared a very nice kiss too which makes it a whole lot worse. She is single I am not and am due to be married in the near future.(please dont judge i feek bad enough)

the attraction between me and this lady at work is something I genuinely have not felt before it's like every atom in my body is drawn to her. I knew there was an attraction for the past few weeks as we literally could not keep our eyes off each other along with the odd bit of flirting but it never really hit home how attracted to her i was until we began to work on the same project over the past two weeks.

I was willing to let it go, not act on my attraction have always had good will power but she made the move Friday nite and I could not no matter how much I tried (and I did try) resist her we spoke and like I said shared a kiss and now my every waking thought has her in it. I am just not myself it is driving me insane.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

If your heart says go for it, do it. Break it off with fiancee first though.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Dricmeister

Why are women always interested in blokes who are taken ?

Because the better ones tend to be taken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Bleedin homewreckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You know what they say op, build a bridge and get over it, 2 in the hand is worth more than 4 in the paw

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

She knows yes, but I disagree she is a genuine nice girl if she wasn't I wouldn't be in this situation....

Would your wife-to-be agree?

You're freaking out in advance of the wedding. It happens. You're relatively young (guessing you're 32) and in the final few months of freedom. Pull yourself together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

If she knows your engaged OP but still made a move when you are drunk at a party I don't think she could be all that nice. She has nothing to lose here, you have a whole lot. I wouldn't toss your relationship away for her, though your financee may well deserve better than what you're offering right now!

I understand your opinion totally and even agree with it to a certain extent, I was never going to make the first move and if I am really honest I was hoping deep down she would.

I am quite well aware how that makes me appear and I am totally disgusted with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Pft, nonsense. I'm over 30 and still on the market and my mother says Im great.

Speaking of which, she's just got me tea ready. Im off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-thread moved to relationship Issues, Please read the local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

You're on a hiding to nothing. Wheels are in motion so you might as well lob it in there as many times as possible before you're either caught by the missus or the mistress gets browned off with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Break up with your fiancee. It's the only right thing to do.

As for whether you hook up with this new girl or not, to be honest, whatever. I don't particularly wish you any happiness in the future, with her or without her. If she made a move on an engaged man, she doesn't exactly seem like a nice person. Maybe you deserve each other.

But your fiancee deserves to be released from the current relationship, and as soon as possible. She's the innocent party in all of this. Hopefully she'll meet a more decent, honorable, honest man in the future.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Would your wife-to-be agree?

You're freaking out in advance of the wedding. It happens. You're relatively young (guessing you're 32) and in the final few months of freedom. Pull yourself together.

Maybe I am freaking out and longing or looking for something before I take the plunge that could be it.

But it's the attraction between me and this lady that has me flummoxed

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

You're not actually asking any question OP. But it's clear as day that your first port of call is to break up with your fiance. What you do after that is your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm not getting from your posts that you feel guilty about this. You've cheated on your fiancée but you're too wrapped up in the thrill of a new relationship that you don't care. You're detaching emotionally from your relationship, your fiancée is going to know something is up.

If you want to pursue things with this woman then end your current relationship. Be prepared to regret it though when the honeymoon period wears off.

Break up with your fiancee. It's the only right thing to do.

As for whether you hook up with this new girl or not, to be honest, whatever. I don't particularly wish you any happiness in the future, with her or without her. If she made a move on an engaged man, she doesn't exactly seem like a nice person. Maybe you deserve each other.

But your fiancee deserves to be released from the current relationship, and as soon as possible. She's the innocent party in all of this. Hopefully she'll meet a more decent, honorable, honest man in the future.

Of course she is the innocent party in all of this but I am not about to throw away years of a relationship with a woman I truly love on the strength of a kiss with someone else. it is the attraction I felt/feel for this woman and how she is in my head that has me all messed up

I quite litteraly haven't eaten since yesterday morning because of guilt

You're not actually asking any question OP. But it's clear as day that your first port of call is to break up with your fiance. What you do after that is your own business.

Why is it clear as day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Do you really fancy/love the fiancée or would you fancy the other woman more?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I'm not getting from your posts that you feel guilty about this. You've cheated on your fiancée but you're too wrapped up in the thrill of a new relationship that you don't care. You're detaching emotionally from your relationship, your fiancée is going to know something is up.

If you want to pursue things with this woman then end your current relationship. Be prepared to regret it though when the honeymoon period wears off.

I am guilty trust me

Of course she is the innocent party in all of this but I am not about to throw away years of a relationship with a woman I truly love on the strength of a kiss with someone else. it is the attraction I felt/feel for this woman and how she is in my head that has me all messed up

If you aren't going to throw away your relationship for this woman then you have to avoid her at all costs. You already know you can't trust yourself around her. Even to the extent of looking for a new job if possible. If that's not an option then no non work related contact. So no chats, lunches, no emails, no texts. I'm assuming that you are already communicating in those ways outside of work because it seems like a classic emotional affair.

Mourinho wrote: »
    Do you really fancy/love the fiancée or would you fancy the other woman more?

I love my fiancee wholly and completely and that is the truth.

I just can't help myself from fancying this other lady I honestly don't want too but like I said in my OP I feel drawn to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Need help, No smartass B.S... I am in a bit of a pickle, I have fallen hook line and sinker for a woman at work, I know for a fact she feels the same as we spoke about it at the notorious Xmas party and yes shared a very nice kiss too which makes it a whole lot worse. She is single I am not and am due to be married in the near future.(please dont judge i feek bad enough)

the attraction between me and this lady at work is something I genuinely have not felt before it's like every atom in my body is drawn to her. I knew there was an attraction for the past few weeks as we literally could not keep our eyes off each other along with the odd bit of flirting but it never really hit home how attracted to her i was until we began to work on the same project over the past two weeks.

I was willing to let it go, not act on my attraction have always had good will power but she made the move Friday nite and I could not no matter how much I tried (and I did try) resist her we spoke and like I said shared a kiss and now my every waking thought has her in it. I am just not myself it is driving me insane.....

If it's not this new lady it will be someone else in the future. Break the current relationship off and move on.

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    If you aren't going to throw away your relationship for this woman then you have to avoid her at all costs. You already know you can't trust yourself around her. Even to the extent of looking for a new job if possible. If that's not an option then no non work related contact. So no chats, lunches, no emails, no texts. I'm assuming that you are already communicating in those ways outside of work because it seems like a classic emotional affair.

I have honestly thought of asking for a change of office in work.

Yes we have being communicating outside of work and I know that must stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

If you want to stay with your fiancee and have any hope of a healthy solid marriage, you need to totally cut contact with the fling and come clean about what happened to your fiancee. It would be a grave mistake to ahead with the wedding without being honest and being serious about wanting to forget the work girl.

If it's not this new lady it will be someone else in the future. Break the current relationship off and move on.

Destroy my relationship over a kiss.

Never done anything like this before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Jesus poor you, and your empty tummy. I pity you so much. Really.

Your fiancee deserves honesty. If your relationship is strong enough, you'll get through "one kiss", you can work past it. If it's not strong enough to survive that, better to know it now than when something happens again down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

OP, your fiancée (or anyone else who knows you in the real world) had better not know your Boards username, or your dilemma could be taken out of your hands for you... just sayin...

I have honestly thought of asking for a change of office in work.

Yes we have being communicating outside of work and I know that must stop.

If that is a possibility you should do it. The only way your feelings will fade is if they aren't being fed by contact.

You should come clean to your fiancée. She is bound to know something is off. You are probably being more protective of your phone and acting distant. If you really are serious about staying with her then you can work through it together, assuming she wants to. It would be worse for her to find out at a later date especially after you are married.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I love my fiancee wholly and completely and that is the truth.
    No you don't because respect and faithfulness are values that are implicit in loving someone wholy and completely. I couldn't imagine cheating on my husband let alone a few months before the marriage. It's obvious you're not ready to settle down and make a life commitment if some woman at work can bat her eyes at you and have you fall at her feet. So do the decent thing break up with your fiance and give her a chance to find someone who will love her wholy completely and exclusively don't for God sake marry her out of a sense of duty and be stuck in that sort of marriage.

If you want to stay with your fiancee and have any hope of a healthy solid marriage, you need to totally cut contact with the fling and come clean about what happened to your fiancee. It would be a grave mistake to ahead with the wedding without being honest and being serious about wanting to forget the work girl.

The second I come clean about this my fiancee will be devastated and will never get over it. It was just a kiss yes there is a lot of attraction between us that is what really has me feeling guilty the fact I coukd be so attrscted to another woman not just on a physical level(if that was all I wouldn't be worrying) it's the emotional level that bothers me.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

OP has form anyway.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057438644/1/#post95690149

I can see why you'd be reluctant to tell her with kids in the picture. Being a weekend dad probably isn't ideal.

• Advertisement

The second I come clean about this my fiancee will be devastated and will never get over it. It was just a kiss yes there is a lot of attraction between us that is what really has me feeling guilty the fact I coukd be so attrscted to another woman not just on a physical level(if that was all I wouldn't be worrying) it's the emotional level that bothers me.

It's called limerence, it's just an infatuation. Turn your attentions back to your fiancée and it will fade in time.

Or pursue this other woman and regret it when the infatuation wears off.

Advertisement