Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy Fitness/Stretch/Power Bands

Options
  • 19-12-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

As the subject infers, I am looking to buy fitness/stretch/power bands to warm up, stretch before weight lifting.

I bought crappy ones on Argos that broke after a few weeks and I am need to get longer lasting ones. I was looking at power bands on D8 fitness but I have no idea of what size ones to get as I have no idea what strength the bands have. I am looking for stretching mainly i.e. band over head, bit of give, bring hands behind back and back up again, band under feet, grip up to knees and walk left and right etc. I am also looking for bands for pulling exercises i.e. band tied and then pull towards face, over shoulders etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Could you go into D8 and try them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

hadoken13 wrote: »
    As the subject infers, I am looking to buy fitness/stretch/power bands to warm up, stretch before weight lifting.

I bought crappy ones on Argos that broke after a few weeks and I am need to get longer lasting ones. I was looking at power bands on D8 fitness but I have no idea of what size ones to get as I have no idea what strength the bands have. I am looking for stretching mainly i.e. band over head, bit of give, bring hands behind back and back up again, band under feet, grip up to knees and walk left and right etc. I am also looking for bands for pulling exercises i.e. band tied and then pull towards face, over shoulders etc.

The 13mm red power band in D8 sounds like what you're looking for. I use it a lot for band pull aparts, shoulder dislocates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,289 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There is a physio supply shop in ringsend that have a good selection

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Could you go into D8 and try them out?

Might not be up there for a while. Probably would make sense to test them out in the shop if that option is available there.

ted1 wrote: »
    There is a physio supply shop in ringsend that have a good selection

Do they have an online shop?

• Advertisement

Do they have an online shop?

Physioneeds.biz

But the red power band in D8 is €6 anyway and is good quality

Ended up getting a band in D8 after.

Ended up getting a band in D8 after.

Was it what you wanted?

Was it what you wanted?

Ye just the job. Tough and rigid, but flexible with enough tension to do what I want.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, would you recommend a band to try aid with pull ups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,047 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

kceire wrote: »
    Guys, would you recommend a band to try aid with pull ups?

That's completely dependent on your weight and strength.
    Some people might need a black band, somebody else might need a red.

Advertisement