Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden County trophy 2016

Options
  • 18-12-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Evening all, the Garden County rollercoaster starts again, its meant to be a warmer upper for the Barton Cup but reading through the previous competitions post here Wow it has thrown up some spats. Any way Blessington Lakes are in a group alongside Lisheen Springs, Mount Wolsley, Tulfarris and Baltinglass. Has anyone one got the other group?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sodbuster

Evening all, the Garden County rollercoaster starts again, its meant to be a warmer upper for the Barton Cup but reading through the previous competitions post here Wow it has thrown up some spats. Any way Blessington Lakes are in a group alongside Lisheen Springs, Mount Wolsley, Tulfarris and Baltinglass. Has anyone one got the other group?
    Lisheen v Mt Wolsley next Saturday. Hopefully the weather picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

sodbuster wrote: »
    Lisheen v Mt Wolsley next Saturday. Hopefully the weather picks up.
    We have them the following week, looks like they are planning to get done nice and early...wow sod 3 posts in quick succession i feel your boredom.

Blessington Lakes GC won 3 at home and 1 away for a winning 4 2 margin in their opening group fixture in the Garden County. Next fixture this coming Sunday v Baltinglass GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Blessington Lakes GC won 3 at home and 1 away for a winning 4 2 margin in their opening group fixture in the Garden County. Next fixture this coming Sunday v Baltinglass GC.

Must be a nightmare trying to play this over the winter? I wouldn't have the patience. Winter = lessons and links for me. Saying that, I would like to play in it in a few years, some great clubs

Whyner wrote: »
    Must be a nightmare trying to play this over the winter? I wouldn't have the patience. Winter = lessons and links for me. Saying that, I would like to play in it in a few years, some great clubs
    It is but listen it always gets played, our lot always seem to do ok, hardy bunch in Blessington.

• Advertisement

Not hardy enough though at the weekend, lost 4 2 to Baltinglass who i think drew 3 all with Lisheen Springs the week before, anymore results?

Not hardy enough though at the weekend, Blessington Lakes lost 4 2 to Baltinglass who i think drew 3 all with Lisheen Springs the week before, anymore results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Wicklow beat Druid's Heath 3.5/2.5 on the 23rd of January.

Wicklow play Blainroe this Saturday.

Blessington Lakes GC beat Lisheen Springs 3 and a half to 2 and a half yesterday in Manky weather, played away myself, brilliant greens by the way......sound blokes in Lisheen.

Anyone know where there is a fixtures list online for the Garden County?

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    Anyone know where there is a fixtures list online for the Garden County?
    I haven't seen one ever it is a bit of a secret society methinks. Wicklow and Blainroe drew 3 a piece on Sat according to the Wickow GC Bookface.

Lisheen v Tulfarris postponed due to heavy rain overnight. Possible new date is March 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Hacker111

Wicklow beat Arklow 4.5 to 1.5 yesterday

both now tied at the top with Arklow playing Kilcoole and Roundwood playing Wicklow.... both Kilcoole ad roundwood are struggling to make competitive teams due to depleted memberships .... very few 14 pairs in either club

Hacker111 wrote: »
    Wicklow beat Arklow 4.5 to 1.5 yesterday

both now tied at the top with Arklow playing Kilcoole and Roundwood playing Wicklow.... both Kilcoole ad roundwood are struggling to make competitive teams due to depleted memberships .... very few 14 pairs in either club
    would be surprised about Kilcoole having a depleted membership always thought they had plenty of members.They beat Roundwood 4 2 and drew 3 a piece with Druids heath according to their site.....Blessington Lakes v Tulfarris next week a real local derby with a number of ex lakes men now turning out for our neighbors 7 fields away. Its gonna be Interesting.

Lisheen v Tulfarris postponed again due to both courses being frozen.

Wicklow bt Lisheen Springs in the final today. Match finished 3-3 with Wicklow winning after the first play off hole. Congrats to Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Digging up old thread here but as it's 1st of Jan it only means 1 thing,it's interclub time of sorts for Wicklow and surrounding clubs,a chance to blow the cobwebs off take golf seriously again .Anybody know what clubs involved this year and if draw was made ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Digging up old thread here but as it's 1st of Jan it only means 1 thing,it's interclub time of sorts for Wicklow and surrounding clubs,a chance to blow the cobwebs off take golf seriously again .Anybody know what clubs involved this year and if draw was made ??

Last I heard it has been scrapped as some clubs pulled out of it. Now, that was a few weeks ago so it could have been sorted out since.

Hasn't been scrapped yet but over the last few years, there have been fewer and fewer clubs playing in it.

• Advertisement

If the clubs participating numbers are getting fewer,maybe they could invite a few other clubs in as I know of a few clubs who would like to play in it, they are not Wicklow clubs but very close by Just call it The Garden County invitational....Sounds like a Pga tour event !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Why did the clubs pull out?

Why did the clubs pull out?

Heard some clubs pulled out and setup their own competition.

Yeah I know of a couple of clubs, Baltinglass, Mount Wolsely and maybe another who did pull out and formed a new comp...

Wicklow playing Blainroe this Saturday morning in the first round of the Garden County.

Lisheen V Arklow. Wonder will there be snow up on them there hills!

Lisheen V Arklow. Wonder will there be snow up on them there hills!

Say Lisheen could be dodgey alright... maybe matches to be played in Arklow.

HighLine wrote: »
    Say Lisheen could be dodgey alright... maybe matches to be played in Arklow.

Yeah looks like Lisheen will be off so all matches will probably be in Arklow...Lisheen beat Blainroe 3:5-2:5 last weekend..What I can't understand is every year I've brought it up to start this comp in November and it would be done and dusted by now and everyone thinks it's a great idea then what happens, it's left to January then there's a rush to get it finished

What clubs are playing this year lads.

• Advertisement

What clubs are playing this year lads.

Lisheen, Blainroe, Arklow, Wicklow &Coolattin

Advertisement