Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads, what haircut do you ask for in the barbers?

Options
  • 17-12-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

As above, im tired of the same old haircut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

No.2 back and sides, trim on top.

I'm wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you shouldn't need to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I cut my own, easy enough once you get the swing is it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Moved from After Hours, if you are following this thread from the AH redirect then please read the charter of The Gentlemans Club before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

'I'll have 1 Conor Mcgregor please' seems to be the norm these days. Myself, 2 back and sides and a trim on top. Like the lad above, I'm wild me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Christ lads, youre all as boring as I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

I used to be the "2 back and sides and scissors on top" club just like alot of others but lately I just ask for scissors trim all over as I realised the blade back and sides made me look about 12 and made my face look fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

1 all over at the moment. I need to get a trimmer and do it myself however there is a load of Turkish barbers around where I am and try to tie it in with a shave.

Woden wrote: »
    1 all over at the moment. I need to get a trimmer and do it myself however there is a load of Turkish barbers around where I am and try to tie it in with a shave.

Jaysus are you not frozen in this weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

4 on back and sides and a trim on top leaves enough to hide the gaps :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Im goin for a Madigan tomorrow, feck it, its Xmas

akelly02 wrote: »
    Im goin for a Madigan tomorrow, feck it, its Xmas

What are you going to ask for? Show them a pic? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

0 on the sides blend it in and trim on top...not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

1 back and sides, scissors on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

1 back and sides and scissors on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What are you going to ask for? Show them a pic? :D

haha good point :D ill just show up in the ireland rugby jersey, theyl know what to do from there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Jaysus are you not frozen in this weather?

15C here at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I cut my own, easy enough once you get the swing is it

It is if you are bald on top or use a number 2 all over, otherwise it would be difficult enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It is if you are bald on top or use a number 2 all over, otherwise it would be difficult enough.

1 all over. The top if grand, it's lining up for around the ears that takes a wee bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Christ lads, youre all as boring as I am :D

I sometimes feel a bit guilty asking for the basic cut. It's like asking a chef for beans on toast.

Next time it will go like this:

"What can I do for ye?"

"Express yourself. Show me your inner soul."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

At my age, I just ask them to take off about 10 years. :(

1 all over. The top if grand, it's lining up for around the ears that takes a wee bit of getting used to.
    Yeah, around the ears are tricky. I cut my own hair for a few years 4 back and sides 8 on top I thought I was making a great job of it until a few people told me that I was making a proper balls of it :eek: back to the barber for me and I didn't look back since €9 and it makes an excellent job of it.

What I don't get is baldy men going into barbers number 1 back and sides would be easy enough to do yourself or another family member could do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

My life changed as soon as I started just saying 'Do whatever you think'. I get much nicer haircuts now. Of course this only works if you go somewhere decent. Go to one of the 5 euro places and they'll probably just scalp ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Skinfade to a number one and medium up top. Best haircut I've had in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Usually just a fade on the sides around a 2/3 depends how I'm feeling. I'll get them to take a bit off the top and thin it out a cut a bit of texture into it as well but that's if really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Can someone recommend a decent barber's to get my hair/beard/brows sorted? I look like a scruffy caveman after a recent illness and want to treat myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I usually hate my haircut when I'm finished. I've stopped going for haircuts!
    As a result I've also decided to grow my hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I just ask for the comb over. I'm 22 don't judge me haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Number 2 all over, tried doing it myself but made a hames of it.

€10 every few weeks ain't much, just the price of 2 pints and the place I go to always take time to do it right.

Advertisement