Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Played the new infantry only operation last night, thought first map was to easy for the attacking team to take never lost a battalion, second map is total chaos in the fort with 64 player's, we lost all battalions in there on the second and third sectors, I'd but it down to very organised defence, grenades where flying ever where, but didn't think they were to many of them, for me it's thumbs up for the new operation

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Started playing Frontlines last night and thought it was brilliant! Really enjoyable.
    The mayhem at the end is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lad that has been there since the Alpha and Beta. Even posted it here months ago. Equip the ammo pouch and off you pop. Pretty much DICE in a nutshell.

But now you dont even need the ammo pouch is what I am saying so every class without the support is spamming like a mofo ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I love a grenade spam.

It's not that noticeable anyway. Sure most people will be dead in less than a minute

Excuse my ignorance lads but this new content is it free after the initial 2 weeks (that the posh lads get to play it) is up or do you have to buy new DLC for it...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think it's free, we should get access to new maps/guns/etc on the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You'll have to pay. No price revealed yet but the intarwebs is suggesting around €15. If you intend to buy all of the expansions then Premium represents as a saving in addition to the early access. If you'd rather take them on a case by case then you end up spending slightly more. I'd have done the latter only I've already got something like 250 hours in this and I'm not bored yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The 15 is worth it in my few hours playing it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Well I already had premium but I've put more hours into the new content that a lot of other AAA games so 15 euro is well worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Plus the fact the updates are mandatory and you need to download the full dlc content if you still want to play the base game means that you will end up with 32 gb of space on your hdd that is wasted, and that would drive the OCD part of me insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

maybe a silly question but if you have EA access will you get the dlc on the same day as us paupers without premium ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Frontlines is a great game mode hadn't realised there was no time limit on a round till one took an hour and 16 minutes, time flew by while going backwards and forwards on point's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A lot saying frontlines is too long and the maps are unbalanced, giving the enemy an unfair advantage. Other than that sounds like a great game mode that I'm looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The games can run quite long, but that just makes it feel like an actual battle. If it's too long for some, they can go play literally of any of the other shorter game modes instead of trying to ruin the long one. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

It's unreal. Had a game last night we totally dominated and it was over in less than 5 minutes.
    Then the very next game went on for over an hour, we ended up losing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy the premium pass for Xbox One?

Is there anywhere cheaper than the xbox store?

j14 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy the premium pass for Xbox One?

Is there anywhere cheaper than the xbox store?
    I got mine with A UK address and saved about a fiver on the euro price. It's about 50 euros everywhere, or 40 pounds sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Had a bit of a lucky break earlier!

Lads can you buy the new DLC on its own or do you have do buy the premium pass for €49 to access it.....? I have the standard game only and was looking at the new DLC but dont wanna splash out another €50 on content now TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Yeh, I have the same question, have been looking on and off on the PS Store but cant see just the DLC? Do I have to buy a premium pass??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

It will be released tomorrow for non premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Got the premium between myself and my brother. Please tell me there's more advantages other than getting early access to DLC. Is there some DLC non-premium owners don't get?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Got the premium between myself and my brother. Please tell me there's more advantages other than getting early access to DLC. Is there some DLC non-premium owners don't get?

You get some skins and battle packs and probably a tenner off all the Dlc compared to getting them individually

Still cannot see anywhere to buy this as a stand alone option, if anyone has any links please?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I see it on the PS Store now man?

Was on origin and the BF1 store (PC HERE) and cant find it anywhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is the season pass worth it lads? reluctant to spunk another 50 as felt burnt by bf4

is the season pass worth it lads? reluctant to spunk another 50 as felt burnt by bf4

How many hours did you play BF4 for?

I just want to get an idea of what you consider bad value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In Origin client you can buy it for 14.99 or the season pass for 49.99 (so save a tenner basically) - go to my game library, click on BF1, then extra content.

Been really busy lately so only played the new DLC for the first time just now. Only tried the one map - Fort Faux - and it's very good. Sort of like a much better refined version of Locker with far better flanking options so you have far less cluster**** situations with 25 v 25 firing down the same hallway while a handful of other guys wander outside.

I have the season pass as for €80-85 overall I will get about at least 200 hours out of BF1 overall. Hard to find fault in that value at all. I didn't play the BF4 DLC much though I paid for all of it, but I still got some 200 hours out of the game overall for a similar price so I really don't feel like it's any source of complaint either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Akrasia wrote: »
    How many hours did you play BF4 for?

I just want to get an idea of what you consider bad value for money.

I'm talking about the endless issues the game had at launch

Advertisement