Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toulon v Leinster 16.15 local, 15.15 Irish. Sky Sports

Options
  • 13-12-2015 1:51pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

15. Delon Armitage; 14. Bryan Habana, 13. Mathieu Bastareaud, 12. Ma'a Nonu, 11. Drew Mitchell; 10. Matt Giteau, 9. Eric Escande; 1. Florian Fresia, 2. Guilhem Guirado, 3. Matt Stevens, 4. Samu Manoa, 5. Romain Taofifenua, 6. Mamuka Gorgodze, 7. Steffon Armitage, 8. Duane Vermeulen
    16. Anthony Etrillard, 17. Xavier Chiocci, 18. Levan Chilachava, 19. Juan Smith, 20. Tom Taylor, 21. Maxime Mermoz, 22. Anthony Meric, 23. Jocelino Suta

15. Rob Kearney; 14. Fergus McFadden, 13. Ben Te'o, 12. Luke Fitzgerald, 11. Isa Nacewa; 10. Johnny Sexton, 9. Isaac Boss; 1. Cian Healy, 2. Richardt Strauss, 3. Mike Ross, 4. Devin Toner, 5. Mike McCarthy, 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Josh Van Der Flier, 8. Jamie Heaslip
    16. Sean Cronin, 17. Jack McGrath, 18. Martin Moore, 19. Tom Denton, 20. Jordi Murphy, 21. Eoin Reddan, 22. Ian Madigan, 23. Dave Kearney

Leinster pretty much in a do or die game here, lose and they're out.

Last season the best runners up had 17, 18 and 19 points so a draw here, 3 wins from the rest of the games, and at least 3 TBP's might squeek it.

Similar to Leinster Toulon had a good few guys at the RWC so season form running up to this game is not hugely relevant.

What we do know is Leinster ran them very close with a weaker team last year in France and in a 10 min spell after half time the year before let Toulon run away with it.

After a bad loss to Wasps Leinster (Toulon also had a poor loss on the same scale to Wasps in round 2) went to Bath and really stuck it up to them. A poor scrum though gave away 16 points though and was the downfall of the team.

Verdict: Leinster in 13 seconds :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

giphy.gif

Looking forward to the game and have no expectations. Hope the lads walk off the pitch proud whatever happens.

Regardless, I'll be there next week in blue cheering on my team no matter what the result today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

If Leinster play to their ability they can win this game. I hope they do. Would like to see sexton play well. Would like to see them all play well. I'm just back from the bookies. 7/1 is simply too good to pass up. However its not about the money. They need it for their own self confidence. Toulon are no longer world beaters. They may have a lot of money invested but that doesn't make them a team. Go leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jaysus lads I'm bricking it.

Need big games from Healy and Ross especially. They've been very lucky to retain their places. Ruddock has performed well against Toulon in the past and I'm hoping JVDF can make the step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I almost don't want to watch this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

I almost don't want to watch this.

every time fitz tackles bastereaud or Nonu i think i will close my eyes

Toulon have such great fans, amazed they are able to support a team that has absolutely no local soul. Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

That kick certainly doesn't settle any nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Awful execution by Jonny. There was plenty of space there

Does Sexton have the distance for this? He didn't against Bath a few weeks ago.

Edit: Fair play he did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Nice penalty from Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Sweet strike from Johnny that time. :)

Clegg wrote: »
    Does Sexton have the distance for this? He didn't against Bath a few weeks ago.

pitch in toulon always looks very short, the gap from 10m line to 22 looks quite short

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Doing alright so far.

Great stuff so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Two good strikes by sexton

Johnny got nailed there

Sexton took a very heavy knock there.

Sexton just got sat down.

Again Sexton very slow getting up in games, moves out to the wing to remove himself from action for a minute or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Bad technique there from Sexton

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Lucky there. Still happy enough with our start.

COME ON BOYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Toner and Ross defending in mid field, that should work out

Maul marched backwards. Toulon try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can't stand this commentator

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

That's a real body blow

guirado stepping onto the pitch every lineout throw, is that allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

That was some maul

no way he as supporting his own weight there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

What's up with the lower tier of that main stand, is it redevelopment or not sold out?

Advertisement