Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Farcy Show. Dec 12th 1983

Options
  • 12-12-2015 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭

Joining Irelands most highly paid, vertically challenged (in his opinion), passive aggressive, cranky and opinionated talk show host are......*

Tommy Bowe the Rugbyist.
    Aishling Thompson (no idea who she is)
    Abandoman (nope, lost here as well)

And trad band Lynched. Which gives rise to a pun along the lines of 'the only one lynched here is D'Arcy'.

*enter drum roll/loud sigh/sound of foot going through the TV, here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

6774392-beautiful-blonde-images.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

^^^
    So which one of these two do we admire? :confused:

I kinda like the blonde, non-canine one meself, but I'm no judge.........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Aisling Thompson is the Cork camogie captain, she won the All Ireland with them this year. iirc she spent her younger years with addiction problems

Aisling-1024x688.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Aisling Thompson is the Cork camogie captain, she won the All Ireland with them this year. iirc she spent her younger years with addiction problems

Cheers for that, I know who she is now. Could be interesting, there again we thought Ryan would be interesting with Will Ferrell & Mark W. last night and we know how that panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

She was on some radio show the last morning talking about the McGregor Aldo fight, she reckoned McGregor would win in the 3rd frame.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

She was on some radio show the last morning talking about the McGregor Aldo fight, she reckoned McGregor would win in the 3rd frame.......

Ray wont doscuss the mcgregor fight...... he,ll just tell us how its not a sport etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 71,877 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! :)

Thread quiz time (don't google)!

What was the number one single in the UK on Dec 12th. 1983?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Flying pickets. Only you

huey1975 wrote: »
    Flying pickets. Only you

BOOM! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Lynched are a seriously good band, unusual in the sense they are more popular outside of Ireland than here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hi guys.

I heard some bad news from my one of my Aunt's tonight a few weeks before Christmas. She told my mam & I that she has breast cancer.

It was quite a shock for me to hear that news tonight tbh. I hope she has a happy christmas for all concerned.

Have ya seen this have ya heard about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Dublinman1990
    I hope your aunt's treatment is very successful . Best wishes to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Evening all! :)

Thread quiz time (don't google)!

What was the number one single in the UK on Dec 12th. 1983?

Now 1.

edit: Oh DONT google. Then I dont know. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hi guys.

I heard some bad news from my one of my Aunt's tonight a few weeks before Christmas. She told my mam & I that she has breast cancer.

It was quite a shock for me to hear that news tonight tbh. I hope she has a happy christmas for all concerned.

Sorry to hear that dublinman1990, best wishes to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Holy sh!t Tommy Bowe Ray will have a Tommy Tank here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Azrel wrote: »
    Have ya seen this have ya heard about this?

It's so old now I'd actually forgotten about it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

1/10 that he shows the picture of Tommy on the beach in Australia with all the women looking at him.

Feel sorry for Tommy, he never gets a chance. Permanently injured, but I guess that's not much different to a lot of other rugby players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah Jaysus great start, of all the boring cnuts they interview from the rugby team over and over again this lad is the most bland of them all.

Wow another man who can run down the field with an inflated piece of leather faster than the other men can run down the field with an inflated piece of leather. A saviour to mankind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Hi guys.

Hope things work out ok, Dublinman. Awful time of year to get bad news (not that any time is good)

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Wow. So now internet clips that everyone has seen already a few days ago are part of your show (teresa mannion & this). Utterly shocking!

Now Tommy Bowe....again....talking about his world cup...of what, 2 games? Yawn

Hope your Aunt's treatment is successful dublinman, best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Tommy has a gorgeous, symmetrical face.

Talking of sport...

GROUP B

ENGLAND
    RUSSIA
    WALES
    SLOVAKIA

Bring it oooooooooon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely love this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tommy Booooowe seems to get more than his fair share of injuries.

He did a doc about rugby fitness last year, hardly seen any action since. On the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

RTE chat show hosts can't interview sports people for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Holy sh!t Tommy Bowe Ray will have a Tommy Tank here

It's a killer when you're at work and forced to watch Ray d'arcy and when you're at work and forced to listen during the week...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

What's the point if this! Tommy bowe has been interviewed over and over on either the late late or various Saturday night shows... We don't need to hear it again..maybe he has a new range of shoes to sell

Advertisement