Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plane headed for Vegas sent to New York because some Irish people got drunk on board

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ah come on now. Plane landed safely. Title makes it sound like it was shot out of the sky.

Edit: Fair play OP, New title is much more reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Swiftly

Who cares. Get on with your own life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

"OMG!! You'll never guess what these drunk Irish guys did on a plane, you'll have to read it to believe it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Xcellor wrote: »
    I hope these lads are barred from ever flying to US again and banned from this airline.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/flight-carrying-conor-mcgregor-fans-forced-to-divert-following-drunk-irish-fella-causing-disturbance-34278759.html

Seriously bad form. Get rowdy on a night out fair enough but on a plane?

Can we have a thread on how many planes in the US are diverted due drunk passengers from 'X' location. it imagine hundreds a year.

There are dickheads and crazys from everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah come on now. Plane landed safely. Title makes it sound like it was shot out of the sky.

Is this a serious post or is it supposed to be ironic or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I hope these lads are barred from ever flying to US again and banned from this airline.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/flight-carrying-conor-mcgregor-fans-forced-to-divert-following-drunk-irish-fella-causing-disturbance-34278759.html

Why is it ok to get rowdy on a night out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,719 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

People who pull that **** on planes should be seriously sanctioned.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

A lot of people dismissing this as a non story but in reality 2 drunk irish (I would bet my house they are tracksuit wearing kind drinking dutch in a field) start slapping the head off each other mid flight! It's disgraceful way to act.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I think it's punishment enough that he's blown a lot of money on flights, accommodation and probably a fight ticket :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Drumpot wrote: »
    Why is it ok to get rowdy on a night out ?

People sometimes let off steam on a night out... Speaking loudly, pushing etc. I don't agree its nice behaviour but the impact is less and you can generally avoid idiots like this. On a plane this isn't possible. Screwing around on a plane in the US is just stupid.

• Advertisement

I think it's punishment enough that he's blown a lot of money on flights, accommodation and probably the fight ticket :pac:

And what about the other people on the flight? Talk about stress/inconvenience etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Nothing compared to the number of flights diverted to Shannon every year thanks to drunk loud mouth obnoxious Americans who keep shouting at the crew "Do you know who I am?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

If you want to act the Arse on a night out, do it at home with your own friends. No excuse ever to do it in an evironment affecting other people...especially not in a confined space

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

People sometimes let off steam on a night out... Speaking loudly, pushing etc. I don't agree its nice behaviour but the impact is less and you can generally avoid idiots like this. On a plane this isn't possible. Screwing around on a plane in the US is just stupid.

Acting the moron on a plane anywhere is just stupid. Okay, there's the mild added risk of being shot, but honestly, could they not control themselves for the length of the flight and smack each other around when they weren't screwing the day of 274 other people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Lights On wrote: »
    "OMG!! You'll never guess what these drunk Irish guys did on a plane, you'll have to read it to believe it"

The 17th page is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I would put them on the smelliest and slowest cargo ship back to Ireland.

Samaris wrote: »
    Acting the moron on a plane anywhere is just stupid. Okay, there's the mild added risk of being shot, but honestly, could they not control themselves for the length of the flight and smack each other around when they weren't screwing the day of 274 other people?

Being responsible for causing a plane to land for any reason other than emergency is probably criminal, could even lead to the persons involved being put on a "F*ck off out of our country and never come back" lists. I suspect the people involved live in the moment though and go through life without any consideration for consequences.

Do we need mandatory breathalying before being allowed on board a plane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Going by the thread title I assumed that some drunken Irish had overran the cockpit and flown the plane into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope all concerned get a hiding this weekend inside and outside the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

If you want to act the Arse on a night out, do it at home with your own friends.

If you do it at home then it isn't a night out though is it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

In fairness who hasn't got a plane diverted at least once? Everyone makes mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

plane
    aircraft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I think it's punishment enough that he's blown a lot of money on flights, accommodation and probably a fight ticket :pac:

I don't. What about all the people who missed flights or events owing to their behaviour?

The people who caused the trouble suffered due to their own actions, whereas the remaining pax and crew suffered because of the actions of others. Huge difference, and I would like to see huge sanctions applied as a result.

We need stronger, world-wide, multi-airline bans for people who act the maggot on an aircraft. This needs to be universally understood as unacceptable, and seemingly the only way to get that message across is with bans. Ideally it would prevent new people from behaving this way, but at a bare minimum, it would prevent repeat offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The first rule of Plane Fight Club is you're a d*ck, off to jail with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hopefully they go prison. As in proper prison, American Prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Makes a welcome change to terrorists.

And snakes....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Makes a welcome change to terrorists.

And snakes....

I have had it, with these motherf*cking Irish on this motherf*cking plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yer man capturing the video wearing a GAA jersey and all, jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Ireland's 9/11. Never forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Actually this is quite a serious incident in the states, could easily be landed in jail and then the airline could sue for various costs, which could well run into 20k + easy. Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

two guys are in serious shit no two ways about it....were met off the plane by police on the tarmac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Idiots....Id imagine probably their first time in the US. A few night's in Rikers Island before their hearing should be nice along with heavy fines, a court appearance and a live ban to the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

But I thought we were the best bleedin fans in the whole bleedin world? Singin our songs and havin the craic with everyone cause they all love us and they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It happened in America. They will be seriously sanctioned. No pansy ass warning like they'd get here.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It happened in America. They will be seriously sanctioned. No pansy ass warning like they'd get here.

What do you reckon will actually happen to these lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,371 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Samaris wrote: »

On a plane?

What do you reckon will actually happen to these lads ?

I'd imagine they could get some jail time or/and a large fine. And the cost of diverting a plane could easily be $100,000 so the airline might go after them for that.

Birneybau wrote: »
    On a plane?

Air marshalls are armed on US flights.

The United States Federal Air Marshal Service tested and used the Glaser Safety Slug extensively in the 1970s and 80s on board commercial passenger aircraft to defend against hijackers. Air Marshals are now issued SIG Sauer P229 pistols with a 12-round capacity firing conventional-jacketed hollow point ammunition in .357 SIG caliber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Birneybau wrote: »
    On a plane?

It's a possibility:
    Federal Air Marshal Service

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd imagine they could get some jail time or/and a large fine. And the cost of diverting a plane could easily be $100,000 so the airline might go after them for that.

Christ! The Christmas bonus won't cover that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭carman2011

pretty much what you would expect from the types to go over there to watch some trumped up scumbag fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

yew_tree wrote: »
    Idiots....Id imagine probably their first time in the US. A few night's in Rikers Island before their hearing should be nice along with heavy fines, a court appearance and a live ban to the USA.

Riker's Island? So, a second upsetting ruckus in a confined space. There'll be a fine alright - "Damn, that pretty Irish mouth is fine. You get on over here boy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

This'll be taken very seriously I'd imagine, its a federal crime as far as I'm aware, wont be let off with a slap on the wrist and sent home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,185 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Higher than normal percentage of Conor McGregor fans turn out to be yobbos. President informed at home in the small hours. And now, the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

Typical Irish drunks trying to act cool. People are nervous enough on planes now without having to put up with that ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Will the 2 be able to fly to Vegas or will they have to find another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

mikeym wrote: »
    Will the 2 be able to fly to Vegas or will they have to find another way?

No

If i had to bet they will never be allowed into the USA again

They will be LUCKY if they get sent home, but the fact that they forced the plane to be re-directed means they are in ALOT of trouble!!

They will be hit with LOADS of charges

I woudl be amazed if tehy dont get jail time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Nothing compared to the number of flights diverted to Shannon every year thanks to drunk loud mouth obnoxious Americans who keep shouting at the crew "Do you know who I am?"

Dolores O'Riordan is not Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

This UFC fad seems to attract lots of frustrated and angry men who are drawn to the bloodlust of the fight. This incident doesn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I imagine these guys probably forked out a pretty penny for this trip between flights, fight tickets and accom. Now instead of checking in to Caesars Palace they'll be spending a few nights in the bull pen in Rikers Island before being arraigned on criminal charges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement