Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

73rd Golden Globe Awards 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Full list of TV winners. Delighted for Christian Slater and Mr. Robot. Never heard of Mozart In The Jungle, so I must check that out.

Best Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role In A Series, Limited Series Or Motion Picture Made For Television:
    Maura Tierney (The Affair)

Best Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role In A Series, Limited Series Or MP Made for TV:
    Christian Slater (Mr. Robot)

Best Performance By An Actress In A Television Series – Musical or Comedy:
    Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend)

Best Performance By An Actor In A Television Series – Musical or Comedy:
    Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart In The Jungle)

Best Performance By An Actress In A Series, Limited Series Or Motion Picture Made For Television:
    Lady Gaga (American Horror Story – Hotel)

Best Performance By An Actor In A Limited Series Or A Motion Picture Made For Television:

Oscar Isaac (Show Me A Hero)

Best Performance By An Actress In A Television Series – Drama:
    Taraji P. Henson (Empire)

Best Performance By An Actor In A Television Series – Drama:
    Jon Hamm (Mad Men)

Best Miniseries Or Motion Picture Made For Television:
    Wolf Hall

Best Television Series – Musical Or Comedy:
    Mozart In The Jungle

Best Television Series – Drama:
    Mr. Robot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Could someone PLEASE stop giving Ricky Gervais work!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

david-brent-dancing-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Kate Winslet is so horrifically insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I would give Lady Gaga a Golden Raspberry. She's awful. But then again, AHS is very poor now, and the scripts are awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I would give Lady Gaga a Golden Raspberry. She's awful. But then again, AHS is very poor now, and the scripts are awful

Thankfully, never saw it, but saw a fact on her during the red carpet last nite, it seems that she took up music as she was acting for 9yrs before it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Ricky was better behaved than I expected, I enjoyed his digs at Sean Penn, Ben Affleck, Caitlyn Jenner and Mel Gibson, who seemed to take it in good spirits. I had to fast forward through Kate Winslet, I like her as an actress but she was embarrassing. I like Lady Gaga for her music, I've never watched AHS but I was glad for her, she looked genuinely shocked.

I really expected Cate Blanchett to walk best actress in the Oscars but it looks like she has a lot of competition now. It's looking good for Leonardo for his first Oscar, I don't see any competition out there. Is The Martian really a comedy? I don't think it's a musical. I was a bit disappointed with Denzel, he was rambling and I thought a bit ungrateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The room looked very crowded and squashed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Caprica wrote: »
    Ricky was better behaved than I expected, I enjoyed his digs at Sean Penn, Ben Affleck, Caitlyn Jenner and Mel Gibson, who seemed to take it in good spirits. I had to fast forward through Kate Winslet, I like her as an actress but she was embarrassing. I like Lady Gaga for her music, I've never watched AHS but I was glad for her, she looked genuinely shocked.

I really expected Cate Blanchett to walk best actress in the Oscars but it looks like she has a lot of competition now. It's looking good for Leonardo for his first Oscar, I don't see any competition out there. Is The Martian really a comedy? I don't think it's a musical. I was a bit disappointed with Denzel, he was rambling and I thought a bit ungrateful.

Wouldn't have classed it as a comedy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The room looked very crowded and squashed

Yeah, i saw that, Saoirse was sitting with J-Law & A-Shu & about 5 others, reminded me of her sitting at the table in Brooklyn with the two constantly giggling!

Are the Globes a good indication for the Oscars? as i think i saw on the SAGS link you quoted earlier that it was another good indication?

Anyway, saw the highlights, glad they didnt cut any of Ricky's swearing at Mel out, although it was uncomfortable at the time, more for Mel i'd say!

• Advertisement

Caprica wrote: »

Maybe he only keeps it for other shows, like the Oscars, this Thurs the nom's are out?
    As i'd have liked the speech he made then, citing his influences & talking bout Sidney Poitier etc, but did he have to take the whole family up & then forgot his glasses, he was all over the place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Birneybau wrote: »
    Kate Winslet is so horrifically insincere.

A truly cringe worthy acceptance speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

Could someone PLEASE stop giving Ricky Gervais work!!!!!!!!!!

i thought he was class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kate Winslet god she is just so fake of a person, the worst acceptance speech by far.

ricky was funny but hes trying far too hard to be cool and with the tatseless jokes. Needs to get back to what he does best and write tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Jlaw and Amy Sch want to host next year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

GG's last night reminded me of a worse version of the IFTA's - background racket, disorganised, shambolic presenters, Jonah Hill effing and blinding was a bad start.

Denzel Washington disappointed the crap out of me, he should have left the family in the audience and concentrated on the speech and having his glasses. Ironically, none of his traits which got him a De Mille award were apparent in his acceptance of it.

There were only 3 good things about it, Gervais destroying all celebrity and fame and Katy Perry's boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Larbre34 wrote: »
    GG's last night reminded me of a worse version of the IFTA's - background racket, disorganised, shambolic presenters, Jonah Hill effing and blinding was a bad start.

Denzel Washington disappointed the crap out of me, he should have left the family in the audience and concentrated on the speech and having his glasses. Ironically, none of his traits which got him a De Mille award were apparent in his acceptance of it.

There were only 3 good things about it, Gervais destroying all celebrity and fame and Katy Perry's boobs.

The GG's greatest asset can also be its biggest draw back. Serving a meal (and copious amounts of booze) before & during the show itself, means that the presenters & winners are often well oiled by the time they get to the podium. And it usually shows. That just doesn't happen at other award shows. You have to take the Globles on their own merits. If you're looking for a rather po faced, formulaic award show, with zero unpredictability....watch the Oscars, or the BAFTA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I wasn't looking for po-faced, I enjoyed Gervais. I prefer the Globes to the Oscars because of what it offers, I just would have liked something a bit more clever than we got on Sunday.

Advertisement