Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will farm land prices be lower next year after flooding ?

Options
  • 10-12-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

I've my eye on some land ( heard it might be going up for sale next year ) that occasionally has flooded due to lack of drainage mainly but with this flooding its higher this year.

As the title says will the flooding of land this year bring down some land prices next year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

I've my eye on some land ( heard it might be going up for sale next year ) that occasionally has flooded due to lack of drainage mainly but with this flooding its higher this year.

As the title says will the flooding of land this year bring down some land prices next year ?

why do you want land that floods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Swiftly

He asked the question. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Wouldn't think it would fall at all. The capacity of the land hasn't changed at all so the value in my eyes would stay the same.

I'm assuming that the OP would improve drainage therefore making the land more profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the OP would improve drainage therefore making the land more profitable.

True. . If all fails I could open a duck farm

• Advertisement

True. . If all fails I could open a duck farm

Do not overlook the possibility of a canoe/kayak lake.

My family have owned such land for generations and it's great for a good cut of hay for the horses every year too.

Advertisement