Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Christmas tree Queries MEGATHREAD

• 05-12-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Do people know where to buy real Christmas Trees in Dublin?

So far I've only found:
    The Christmas Dublin Tree Store
    YMCA Sandymount
    Dublin Christmas Tree Depot

Would anyone know of anywhere else? Ideally around the city center

Thanks,
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 the-macho-man

I bought one in Ikea in the end, only €25!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone found anywhere good? I'm in Dublin 8 and hoping to buy one later today..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 b2311

Anyone found anywhere good? I'm in Dublin 8 and hoping to buy one later today..

Macs Salvage have a few. Saw some outside spar on SCR too

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Milltown Christmas Trees seem to have a good selection, we'll be getting ours from there, their website seems to be fairly outdated but it looks like they do delivery around Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Milltown Christmas Trees seem to have a good selection, we'll be getting ours from there, their website seems to be fairly outdated but it looks like they do delivery around Dublin

They have very good quality potted trees (I bought one last year and it lasted for 3 months after in its pot indoor, away from direct light and with watering every 2 weeks - it even burgeoned, infusing a great pine smell in the room) but unfortunately they are all SOLD OUT for the season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

In Ikea, e25, then get a e20 voucher free, so in total e5 for a tree!!

In Ikea, e25, then get a e20 voucher free, so in total e5 for a tree!!

Do they have real trees or just plastic trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The IKEA ones are real. They're not massive but the ones I saw were lovely. Lots of perfectly shaped ones.

The IKEA ones are real. They're not massive but the ones I saw were lovely. Lots of perfectly shaped ones.

Are they potted trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Are they potted trees?

No, just regular trees not in pots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

What is the going price for a decent real Christmas tree of about 7' in South Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

I usually pay 60, but that's probably for only a 5 or 6 foot tree.
    I've seen some places do them for 45 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hinty

Paid €50 for a 5 foot tree the other day. Man selling said it was tenner a foot up to 6 foot and then €12 per foot afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Haznat

Got a 7 foot tree for €40 in the hardware shop in Sandymount. The YMCA around the corner wanted €70!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Jesus those are crazy prices. I've got a very expensive artificial tree that's very realistic id say at that rate it's covered it's cost 5 times over already.

A reusable artificial tree will always be the less costly option and a lot easier to deal with as well but for me there is nothing to beat the look and smell a decent real tree. I have just paid €55 for a 6/7" tree in south Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

bmay529 wrote: »
    A reusable artificial tree will always be the less costly option and a lot easier to deal with as well but for me there is nothing to beat the look and smell a decent real tree. I have just paid €55 for a 6/7" tree in south Dublin

Mind ne asking where?

Was out yesterday around Clondalkin and the choice was very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

HI,

heading to Cork this weekend and wondering what kind of prices real trees are going - Noble Fir 7ft is what I'm looking for - paid €45 last year, wondering if this is the ball park price this year.

JP

Stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

I used to go to the fella in Windy Arbour....good value compared to Milltown (unsurprisingly), but he's not there this year. Anyone know anywhere decent nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Just picked up a tree tonight in Carrickmines. Really nice tree, at least 7' got it for 65 although guy said it was priced at 75.
    Some of the proceeds (No idea how much to be honest) in to Laura Lynn foundation.
    Think they're calling themselves Christmas tree farm, oh, and There's complimentary tea, coffee and hot port

• Registered Users Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Woodies are doing 8' ones for €55 and smaller ones for €45, picked one up earlier in Sallynoggin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

went to Carrickmines myself. Got a 7ft for €60 but it's quite narrow (what I wanted) hence the lower price. They seem to be a bit more expensive than other places but you get a 'free' stand, they have a good range and are fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Incubu

I got a nice tree this evening outside the Daybreak shop at the junction of Barton Road East and Beaumont Avenue near Dundrum. €50 for a 7 foot tree.
    My father got a 9 foot tree for the same price.
    They are Irish grown trees and the guy selling them was very helpful.
    My brother picked up a tree at Airfield for €55 and he's very pleased with it.
    Seems to be a much better selection of trees this year than there has been for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Anyone any idea where you can get a real Christmas tree in Lucan? Usually get one in eorospar car park but they don't seem to be here this year, yet anyway...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Churchtown hardware are selling them at €45, would be at least 6ft. Decent selection and all were the same price.

Next year I'd like to buy one at John Of Gods, might as well have the money go to a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Heroditas

sabhail wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where you can get a real Christmas tree in Lucan? Usually get one in eorospar car park but they don't seem to be here this year, yet anyway...

Thanks

Think they're up in the carpark in Tesco Dodsboro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Try woddies or B&Q. Newlands cross might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Thanks! Got one in underground car park in SuperValu... On v v wet day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭whytek

Anybody know of some place one can still find a christmas tree for sale or even give away at this late date?

Dublin area, Drogheda area or in-between.

Many thanks.

Advertisement