Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym for PT's

Options
  • 08-12-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Just wondering do you know of any gym's I could pay a % to do some PT's with my own client's out of,
    Obviously I don't want to pay a fortune for the privilege
    North or southside of the city ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Hey folks
    Just wondering do you know of any gym's I could pay a % to do some PT's with my own client's out of,
    Obviously I don't want to pay a fortune for the privilege
    North or southside of the city ,
    most crossfit gyms would be open to this depending on whether they already have trainers in their gym or enough space to allow you to work with clients while the gym is busy

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

What might one expect to pay per client brought in?

shutup wrote: »
    What might one expect to pay per client brought in?
    at the very least €10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Transform wrote: »
    at the very least €10

And even that is good value because unless you've a large volume of sessions it's really not worth the hassle it'd cause the gym owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Surprised at that figure. Expected much more. Good deal for the PT.
    although for some gyms at some hours of the day it's money for old rope.

• Advertisement

shutup wrote: »
    Surprised at that figure. Expected much more. Good deal for the PT.
    although for some gyms at some hours of the day it's money for old rope.
    not really as it really depends on whether the gym owner actually gets on with said trainer and trusts the way in which they train their clients.

I personally wouldnt want business from an external PT if i looked at the way in which they even portray themselves online (big ego) and I simply wouldnt want my clients looking at a trainer coach someone badly (e.g. watching them coach a deadlift and not even know whats going wrong or killing a client that doesnt need super high intensity work) or had a bad attitude to training clients e.g. on their ducking phone for half the session, turning up looking terrible or, no joke here, smoking an e-cig during the session (ive seen this happen).

So sometimes having an external PT come in might be financially beneficial but only if they fit in with the current training ethos of the gym,
    If the gym doesnt have this then IMO thats a gym that will not exist a few years/months from now or is operating on a Fly fit or ben dunne model where they dont really care as long as the majority of members dont actually show up most of the time and they continue to pull them in for low cost.

Advertisement