Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party food nibbles

Options
  • 08-12-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Going to get some nibbles for a Christmas evening and apart from the home cooked food I'll make myself where does the nicest shop bought party food? The marks and Spencer's bits look fab but could work out slightly over budget... Any recommendations? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tesco has their regular party food at 2 packs for €7. They also have a finest range but I don't know how much it is. I had some of if last year and it was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I just don't get marks and sparks stuff. it taste very bland..

I know for sure that the duck rolls you get from Tesco in the nibbles is loverly, the rest is rubbish not worth it at all.

Dunnes goats cheese balls are yummie.

Aldi - the spring rolls are quite tasty... Roast spuds also could put some of these on just to have in the hand.
    The selection of meats also like salami are very nice

If you are making up anything - These can all be got from Aldi

The crackers too they do like rivitas, spread a little soft cheese over them, with some slices of tomato and cracked sea slat yummie.
    Tasty dip - Pick up some Artichoke hearts, mayo and garlic and chillies. Mix all together and pop in the oven to back for 30mins. Makes a yummie dip for bread sticks or anything.
    There is also a recipe for brie cranberry dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

There's party food in the Lidl freezer section at the moment, I'll be trying it this weekend!

Advertisement