Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in Limerick City?

Options
  • 06-12-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Any suggestions for a tasty breakfast in Limerick city? Preferably somewhere serving little more than a bog standard big fry up. Only other thread on here about breakfast in Limerick is 5 years old so sure there's been a few changes since!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Dolans is by far the best place for breakfast in Limerick and also one of the cheapest. They also do a great lunch!

http://www.dolans.ie/breakfast-menu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Isn't in the city centre but let's do coffee café up in roxboro does a great breakfast. Haven't been in awhile so hopefully the grub is still good

Also St Munchins Community centre in Kileely does an unreal breakfast for 3.50e, that's a full Irish for less than a breakfast roll in most shops

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

There's a more recent thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057489998

My vote still goes to Hook & Ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

le_girl wrote: »
    There's a more recent thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057489998

My vote still goes to Hook & Ladder.

Yeah I'd give them my vote aswell.

Only complaint I have is their teapots and cups... The tae goes cold awful quick I find!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The Milk Market on a Saturday or Sunday deserves a mention. If you're looking for something different, the crepe place is worth trying out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

I like Fittos on Catherine Street, definitely not your regular Irish fair, lovely crepes and omelettes. It does have a greasy spoon feel but the food is nice.
    I'm not a huge fan of Hook & Ladder, a little too pretentious and over priced for my palette, I tend to leave unsatisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

+1 for Hook & Ladder, great service and really nice food. The French Toast there is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

If you want something better than just a fry up, Then the Savoy hotel is the place. Its not cheap its about €20.00.
    But you can get Kippers ,omelettes as well as all the usual breakfast stuff. You need to spend time in this place not just a quick in an out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Mockba wrote: »
    If you want something better than just a fry up, Then the Savoy hotel is the place. Its not cheap its about €20.00.
    But you can get Kippers ,omelettes as well as all the usual breakfast stuff. You need to spend time in this place not just a quick in an out.

You can... If the fabled egg chef or whatever is on. There was no sign of anything much beyond average hotel brekkie on offer the morning I tried it. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

power101 wrote: »
    Dolans is by far the best place for breakfast in Limerick and also one of the cheapest. They also do a great lunch!

http://www.dolans.ie/breakfast-menu
    The last two times I had breakfast in Dolans it was not very nice. All dryed up like it was under heat for a few hours.

O' Conners isn't too bad now. Go there myself quite often. Plus they only seem to employ attractive young ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dolans did a good breakfast years ago, really good fry up. But the two times I've been in the past 5 years or so it has been bog standard at best, you'd get as good in the centra up the road.
    The buttery does a really lovely full Irish and also some nice eggs benedict/pancakes etc. And Hook and Ladder is very decent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

hook and ladder is class

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yellow lemon near the milk market, sit there and watch the world go by as you eat

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Gave my husband the choice for breakfast on a saturday a couple of weekends ago & he said he'd like to try the Woodfield. Arrived at 11am very quiet with just two fellas reading the paper with their coffees. We asked the barman do they do breakfast as we weren't actually sure & he said yes, just full irish, mini irish or scrambled eggs & bacon. Good enough!
    We ordered Full irish, & no problem adding a portion of chips (my husband likes the FULL irish!!) & scrambled eggs with bacon for me.
    We were served our huge pot of tea for 2 very quickly & our breakfast followed swiftly after that with plenty of toast.
    Food was lovely & tasty & piping hot. All of the above for €14.50!!!
    Can't beat that value IMO! nice quiet no frills breakfast that hit the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Only complaint I have is their teapots and cups... The tae goes cold awful quick I find!!

I ask them to heat the cup with a drop of hot water, this helps. Maybe they didn't heat the pot before making your tea...... if I saw this it would be a deal breaker. You should be able to sit and enjoy hot tea for at least 20 mins IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Old thread not withstanding but Tap House in Annacotty do a great full Irish breakfast for €10 includes tea or coffee. Only drawback is it’s Friday morning only. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I must give it a try. I had a lovely breakfast in Sodalicious out at the groody this morning. Lovely quality ingredients well cooked, the walnut bread in particular was v.nice.

That said for a decent breakfast, good coffee, some craic and great value too? It's hard to beat story café on Denmark st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

+1 for Sodalicious. I had the “jockeys breakfast” and it was excellent. Only gripe was that they didn’t include tea or coffee with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The whole hog (full irish) in House is my favourite breakfast in town. The other items on their brunch menu are quality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mac 3

I visited Brunch on Childers road. Fully Irish, including coffee and toast, 11.99. 2x rashers, 2x eggs,2 x sausages, chips, beans mushrooms,tomato and black pudding. Good value and nice coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The Woodfield House on the Ennis Road is very good. Always cooked fresh and served piping hot. The mini is a smaller sized option if you're not starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jose Maria

Went to the Greenyard in Punches last Sunday it was tasty, would also +1 the hook and ladders

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Esquires do a cracking breakfast, great choices, the burrito and Shasluka are my go to when in there

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

Rose café for me, definitely the best for the full Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What's the Horse and Hound like for breakfast (full Irish) and how much do they charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Advertisement