Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for breakfast in town

Options
  • 08-09-2015 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Want to get a breakfast in town or one of the shopping centres tomorrow can anybody recommend me somewhere nice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Probably not the cheapest option, but I like the eggs Benedict at the Buttery on Bedford Row. They also have full Irish, French toast etc..., which I didn't try.
    I also sometimes go to the Pier Hotel (Sarsfield bridge) which has decent hotel breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

We've tried a ton of places for breakfast recently and Hook and Ladder on Sarsfield Street is our favourite by far. The full Irish, French toast and blueberry pancakes are to die for. They also do our favourite coffee in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

+1 for Hook and Ladder

The Eggs Benedict are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wish I wasn't saying this but McDonalds is hard to beat for breakfast, excellent coffee as well.

The Buttery does a nice breakfast, Canteen is decent for brekkie,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭phog

Aroma on Roche's Street do a fab scrambled eggs with rashers (bacon).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

+1 Hook and Ladder - not the cheapest breakfast but certainly the best

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Dolans!

Great ingredients. nice staff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭phog

I haven't been to Hook & Ladder yet, my wife and her two sisters were there over the summer for lunch, an absolute disaster.

They as good as ran out of the place. They left after half an hour without receiving their order. My wife spoke to the person at the till to explain why they were leaving, my wife apologised but the member of staff didn't :eek:

In fairness, once my wife contacted H&L via email they dealt with her complaint and apologised for their poor service. She also received two lunch vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

The Horse and Hound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Enright wrote: »
    The Horse and Hound

Oh Jaysus - Noel and co. saved my life last Saturday. Think it was around 1.30, all day breakfast for the win!

Love that place for a good feed

Coffee is magic too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Went to hook and ladder it was expensive but yummy +1 will try one of the others tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I wish I wasn't saying this but McDonalds is hard to beat for breakfast, excellent coffee as well.

The Buttery does a nice breakfast, Canteen is decent for brekkie,

Have had a good breakfast in supermacs once or twice. Not bad at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

All-day standard breakfasts in:

Brunch - Newtown Mahon (Upper William St)
    Fitto - Catherine St
    Cappuccino - Roches St
    Yellow Lemon - High St
    Katy's - Catherine St

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Went for one of them all day breakfasts in Brews Bros out in castletroy never again absolutely rotten , its was all burnt , It was like something you'd get in a deli except for restaurant prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm surprised Jack Monday's hasn't been mentioned. It's my favourite spot for breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Enright wrote: »
    The Horse and Hound

Best place for a good feed! Breakfast has hit the spot many a time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Went for one of them all day breakfasts in Brews Bros out in castletroy never again absolutely rotten , its was all burnt , It was like something you'd get in a deli except for restaurant prices

Has to be one of the most inconsistent places ever...so much so I don't bother anymore.

Do Jack Mondays do a full breakfast menu? Have never been in there but always mean to go in for a coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

For breakfast in and around town we'd usually go to one of the following, Canteen, Hook and Ladder, The Buttery or Jack Mondays. They all do great breakfasts and I'd recommend them all. Hook and Ladder also have a shop out in Corbally and I'm fairly sure they do breakfast although we've never had it there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hook and Ladder are pretty expensive. Never had breakfast there - couldn't afford it!

p.s. €9 for the full deal in town or only €7.50 in Corbally. Coffee is seemingly extra €2.90 for an Americano!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Their stuff is very good though and you can tell that they use very high quality ingredients which is probably why it's quite pricey. I'd be happy pay it any day of the week, to be honest.

Not sure what the rest of the menu is like as I've never had lunch there but keep meaning to try it. The scones and confectionary are also not cheap but so good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement