Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend has back problem?

Options
  • 06-12-2015 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Two weeks ago, my boyfriend got a very bad lower back problem that was proclaimed to be sciatica, however being back in the hospital twice now, getting X rays on using medication that isn't helping at all, the doctors have no idea what it is anymore!
    He's due for an MRI tomorrow hopefully. Its just frustrating me because its hurting me to see him in pain, and I was wondering has anyone else experienced any back problems like this and if they needed to get surgery for it.
    He's constantly screaming in agony and nearly over dosed on heavy pills last week. The pain spreads throughout different areas of his back and sometimes down his legs

Comments

We can't five medical advice, because none of us are professionals, but has he considered getting physio and maybe a sports injury consultation? I have a bad back, but one hour long consultation with at a sports injury clinic discovered that the pains in my back were linked to my knees and the quality of muscles there.

Mine was because I was a cyclist for a long time, which resulted in me having extremely well developed upper leg muscles, but because cycling doesn't involve extending the whole leg, my knee muscles became underdeveloped, so weren't moving how they would normally be, causing me to favour one leg over the other and eventually causing back problems. I also discovered that I'm flatfooted on one foot, which I didn't know.

So yeah, can't give medical advice, but might be an avenue to look into?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

A good few years ago i was crippled with lower back pain, pain down my leg
    Done all the scans in hospital and could not find the problem.
    Went to Doctor Slattery in Mullingar and he done electroaccupuncture on me, i felt pain relief straight away. He sent me back to my physio with letter on what rehab to do. Was back to normal in a few weeks.

Might be worth a shot if your boyfriend gets nowhere with the hospital
    http://www.spinesportlimbmedical.ie/

brock92 wrote: »
    A good few years ago i was crippled with lower back pain, pain down my leg
    Done all the scans in hospital and could not find the problem.
    Went to Doctor Slattery in Mullingar and he done electroaccupuncture on me, i felt pain relief straight away. He sent me back to my physio with letter on what rehab to do. Was back to normal in a few weeks.

Might be worth a shot if your boyfriend gets nowhere with the hospital
    http://www.spinesportlimbmedical.ie/

Had electroaccupuncture too and it was amazing. Incredibly odd sensation, but helped so much after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Try the Chinese doctor near the river on Capel Street. She does electro acupuncture and I spoke to patients of hers who claim she solved back pains that western medical approaches could not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

OK OP this is too close to medical advice and I need to close this down.

I'm sorry to hear things are bad for him - please hound the doc / hospital to get the treatment he needs, get second opinions, etc.

All the best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement