Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just in case you need it, the last 8 digits of the IBAN are the account number :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,973 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Anyone happen to know how to make a payment to an Ulster Bank credit card from N26 or is such a thing not possible?

In this situation, you'd ask Ulster Bank for the IBAN where payments should be sent to and the put the credit card number as the recipient reference.

The IBAN might be on your statement?

Edit: My KBC Credit Card statement has the IBAN for payments. These Credit Card IBANs are not specific to you so you will need to include the credit card number when making the transfer to ensure it goes to your account.

Post edited by Wheety on

Just curious from others experience, how long a transfer from irish bank to N26 takes, did a test transfer yesterday, small amount from KBC to N26 Yesterday, it's left alright, just hasn't arrived, I'm guessing 2 days 🤔🤔, I know in Ireland transfers arrive next day, for example BOI to KBC

Thank you 😉

• Advertisement

I did an EBS to N26 yesterday morning at around 11am and it arrived at 7:46 this morning

Hmmm, curious 🤔, I did the transfer yesterday afternoon, so might just arrive later, thanks for that response 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

N26 telling me that Fidor Bank AG does not have SEPA and it will take 2-5 business days. They have SEPA, I have always used it, until the last transfer which I thought was an error, but getting the same message now before i send it.

EDIT -

Okay, it seems to be happening with any SEPA account I choose on Kraken.com (crypto) - Anyone know if N26 are purposely hindering them?

Post edited by Suckit on

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

I see a lot of people here are moving from KBC, do ye anticipate KBC leaving this year or something?

Want to delay the inevitable as long as possible. Will be sad to see KBC leave, have a lot of stuff with them presently.

Hi, there's been no recent updates, I'm just getting prepared and choose N26 based on overall reviews. Very impressed at the ease of set up, access, app etc. Early days but so far so good, choose the standard account, no fees etc. I'll retain KBC for as long as possible but at least I'm organised. I've only a current account with KBC so can't comment re mortgages, loan accounts etc.

• Advertisement

Just a quick. Update, Lodgement from transfer arrived from KBC to N26, basically a full day, so perfectly fine 😁

I did KBC to N26 the other morning and it arrived in the afternoon

Same day Wheety 🤔, I wonder was it because I did it in the afternoon 🤔, main thing it's arrived next day 😁

Yeah, same day. Has happened before. I have a standing order set up from KBC to N26 to leave on a Thursday and that arrives every Thursday afternoon.

That's interesting, I just set up new Payee, did it that way, I suppose in fairness, still not bad in terms of speed of transfer 😉

Yeah the transfer the other day was manual. I'd say you missed the cut off for same day.

Looks that way, was just a little nervous, testing etc, I'll transfer more of my Millions gradually 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I did a transfer from AIB around 11:30 arrived in N26 at 14:36. Normally it used to take a day, not complaining all the same!

Gosh that's fast 😉 I suppose it's probably alot to do with time of day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Yeah have been looking ourselves sadly we have 3 current accounts, 3 demand accounts, savings account, 2 mortgages and investments so when the time comes it will be a big upheaval.

We had a few bits and pieces with KBC originally but moved everything once BOI announced the new fees they would be charging and the thoughts of going back to them are not overly appealing.

I think we can possibly switch one of our mortgages to AIB and get free banking but that will only cover 1 of our current accounts sadly so maybe possible to open our individual accounts with N26 if can avoid fees that way..

I just monitor this thread to see the good and bad points of N26 and same with Revolut thread just so I am aware. Be wary of not been part of a physical bank but not too many of them left really!!

• Advertisement

It's a tricky decision and I too worry about a physical bank but N26 are fully regulated. I've a small mortgage already sold on by PTSB but just pay the vulture fund monthly. I'm not personally keen on either BOI or AIB so for a physical presence I'll maintain a credit union account which allows direct debits, no fees etc. Obviously that wouldn't suit you and your in a sting position to negotiate good terms here. But whilst early days n26 looking positive and some great people on this thread to guide anyone seeking advice 😉 have to say, KBC will be a loss, their app excellent and its surprising they don't remain with a wholly online presence only.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Stewball

I regularly transfer from PTSB to N26.

If I send it in the morning it'll be in my N26 account in the afternoon. Any transfer after 12pm ish won't be in until the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,202 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's exactly how long SEPA payments are supposed to take. Same day if made in the morning, next day if made afternoon

Better than it was pre-SEPA but still ridiculous in this day and age. Should be seconds. Minutes at most. And then the banks will look up all surprised in a decade or so and they're all gone and we all use decentralised finance on a blockchain instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname

Any joint account options with N26 or similar offerings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

You may have missed the cut-off for the afternoon payment batch KBC are using. Thus it was sent for the next day morning batch. KBC and PTSB, I think, are sending on many EBA Clearing payment settlement cycles:

06:15

09:30

12:00

14:30

16:15

Banks can pick which of the above cycles to use to send payments (or use all of them). The cut-off for sending payments to the above cycles is usually 15 mins before the cycles. There are also two night time cycles, 21:30 and 01:50.

However banks must be ready to process incoming payments during all of the above cycles. I wonder are all Irish banks doing this 🤨.

https://www.ebaclearing.eu/services/step2-sct/settlement-and-processing-cycles/

Good to know and thank you, I never knew this system was in existence, I just assumed they transfer in batches, once a day, obviously weekends different etc.

Thanks for that, appreciated 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭Sono

For anyone asking about bank transfers. Topup revolut with Irish account, transfer revolut to N26 and the money is there instantly. I don’t ever have to wait for money to move across. N26 is the business.

just back from a week in Spain and I tapped for every single transaction and for any amount, love this bank I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

What's the perceived advantage to having physical branches? Back in the days I had accounts with the older banks, all the actual banking was done in back office, with the branches unable to do anything for me. For Ulster Bank, it seemed like the branches could only call the same Belfast call centre that I could call to try to sort anything out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

So, no advantage? An ATM will give you access to the cash you need. Not forgetting the reports I hear that some banks won't deal in cash except on certain days.

Advertisement