Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not progressing on bench or oh press

Options
  • 02-12-2015 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Been lifting about 7 months. 4 sets of 8-12reps three times a week. My rows and shrugs are progressing every week still but my dumbbell floor press and standing overhead press are stalling.
    I don't mind the oh press so much as read its hard to progress on but really peed off at my chest press. Is there a push pull imbalance??Went down weight and worked up again but stalling again after only a few weeks of progression.
    Should I try 5 x 5 reps for push exercises or do I need to have the same rep range for all lifts ie do I also need to switch to 5 x 5 for all my exercises, even those that are progressing.
    Should I focus more on upper body push exercises and ease off on pull ? I'm doing 50/50 at moment.
    Female by the way using dumbbells only. Will join a gym in new year if ye advise even though was hoping to get another 6 months out of the dumbbells!! Upto 40% body weight with one arm row and 68% body weight on floor chest press.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

I think you should change your program. 6 months is long time to do same thing.
    As an alternative to bench press try pushups. There are many variations of pushups and it attacks many different muscle groups. Not only they work you arms and chest but also core. The other good thing is that you do not need any equipment to do pushups.
    Try it for 3 months and the get back to bench see how you do then.

Advertisement